The Last Picture Show pt.1

When Dilton Doiley told us about Ms. Grundy being at the river on July fourth got me suspicious. Especially because Archie was also there too, so it got me thinking...could they have gone together? I also am trying to figure out why Jughead wasn't acting surprised when he found out about Grundy but instead he looked like he knew something. All of this madness was hurting my head.

The next morning, I was in my bedroom getting ready. I peaked through my window to see if Archie was there, but he wasn't. He was probably with Ms. Grundy. Now I'm thinking more and more that when Archie and I went into that closet, was all of it a joke to him? I tried brushing it off and with that I went along through the rest of my day.

- -

After school, Betty, Veronica, Jughead, Kevin and I decided to go to Pops to hang out. We invited Archie but he said he couldn't come, so we just went without him. Betty sat in between Jughead and I on one side while Kevin and Veronica sat on the other. They were all rambling back and forth about the drive-in closing but I was just too busy thinking about the Archie and Grundy situation to listen.

All of a sudden Jughead turned towards me, "Right, Bells?"

"Totally," I respond back as I bring myself back into reality. I was confused on why Jughead called to me but I just let it go. As Jughead kept talking, all of them except him kept glancing at me. It was like they were worried why I was drifting off. Betty took it upon herself to finally say something to me, "Hey, Bella you okay?"

"Oh, um yeah, I'm fine." I nod as I take a sip from my milkshake. Betty then simply smiles in return before I slowly drift off again. I don't know why I was doing this constantly but there were just so many thoughts in my head that wouldn't let me concentrate on one thing at a time.

"Bella, you're choices?" Kevin then motioned towards me as everyone turns to me.

I shake my head trying to think on what they were talking about. I then turn to look at Veronica as she mouthed "a movie" to me which instantly clicked to me on what I was supposed to respond to.

  "Maybe...Rebel Without a Cause?" I smile as I turn to Jughead to see him returning the smile. I don't know why but I feel like I can't pretend to hate Jughead anymore. I need him, I miss him, I love him. He was the light to my darkness and ever since he left me I'm always in the dark.

After a while longer of us talking, we hear the bell to Pops ring. We didn't think it was anyone we knew so we didn't pay attention to it until Kevin said, "Now that's an odd combo of people."

As I turn around I see Archie, Ms. Grundy and Fred Andrews, Archie gives me a stern look. "I'll be right back," I state.

"Bella," Jughead calls out to me trying to grab my hand, "no don't." I didn't listen to him and just went straight forward. This was my only chance to find out what happened between him and Grundy on July fourth.

"Hey Bella," Archie's dad greeted me.

"Hi Mr. Andrews," I smile as I turn to also greet Ms. Grundy before turning to Archie, "Archie can I talk to you?"

"Sure, I'll call you later?" He tries to avoid me but I wasn't having it.

"No, actually now. Just school stuff, outside." I nudge my head towards the door before he walks out with me.

As we entered the parking lot I turned to him, "Archie, as you're best friend is there anything you want to tell me?"

"I don't think so," Archie replies acting innocent.

I sigh, "Ms. Grundy was at Sweetwater River on July fourth. Were you with her?"

"Did Jughead tell you?" He questions trying to make it not seem as bad as it is.