Body Double pt.2

Later that night, Betty had told me that a former football player, Trev Brown, had informed her that he knows where the so-called 'Play Book' is. So her and I decided to go to the school along with Ethel, Veronica and Kevin.

When we arrived, Kevin had supplied us each with flashlights since it was two dark in the school to see without them. As we walked down the hallway I got chills. Not only because it's kind of cold outside, but this place gives me weird vibes especially at night.

"Football players behaving badly...what else is new?" Veronica scoffed as we continued to make our way down the hallway, "Steubenville, Glenridge, the coaches son being the ringleader. I mean just how depraved is this town?"

All of a sudden a loud voice came from behind us, "Colour me impressed."

We all jumped thinking that we got caught snooping in the school after hours. When we turned around to see who it was, we say Cheryl with a flashlight in hand and thigh-high boots.

"A B and E with B and V, what would you're holy roller mother say about this, Bella and Betty?" Cheryl questioned.

"What are you doing here, Cheryl?" Betty asks ignoring the redheads comment.

"And where did you get those thigh-high boots, there amazing?" Kevin added as I nudged him in the shoulder.

Cheryl made her way towards us, "Trev told Valerie, who told Josie, who told Ginger, who told Tina, who told me. And I thought I would help out."

"Help or derail our investigation?" I crossed my arms.

"Get over yourself Bella," Cheryl flashed her flashlight in my face.

"Hey guys," Ethel then said as she motioned for us to go inside the boys change room taking out a book from a shelf. I grabbed Betty's hand as I pulled her with me to go see what Ethel found.

Once all of us reached her side, she opened the book and flipped through the pages. "Trev was right. They didn't even bother to hide it."

As she flipped through the pages we came across Veronica's name with the name "new girl" next to it.

"New girl..." she furrowed her eyebrows as she saw what she was known as to these jocks, "is that what I'm reduced to? Nine points."

"Better than big girl," Ethel shook her head as she showed us her name, "Seven point-five."

"Polly's in this book," I said with wide eyes.

"What?!" Betty screeched as she saw our sisters name.

"Next to Jason's name," Cheryl said as she kept her eyes on the name of her brother. I couldn't take this anymore so I moved away not daring to look at the book anymore.

"Bells," Betty called to me as she engulfed me in a hug.

"Im so sorry, guys." Veronica turned to us.

"This isn't...Jason would never-"

"It's right there, Cheryl!" I pointed out.

"You're brother hurt our sister," Betty added, "this is what guys like Jason and Chuck think about women, we're objects for them to abuse and when they're done with us they shame us into silence. They have zero remorse for the lives they destroy."

Cheryl shook her head as a tear spilled out of her eye, "Maybe I don't know Jason." With that she closed her flashlight and went to stand a few feet from my sister and I. She looked horrified knowing that her own brother could do such a thing. He hurt my sister. All I could think about was if Archie played me when we went into that closet.