Chapter 3: New Home

We took off to his village. He carried me on his back. We talked all the way.

"What is your name?" He asked.

"Sakuwa. Sakuwa Momochi" I said.

"Sakuwa? You mean Sakura?" He asked.

"Yea!" I ginned.

"Sakura Momochi,by any chance,is your father Zabuza?"

"Yea. My Nii-san is Kisame" I said.

"The shark-like ninja?" He asked.

"Yea,he inhewited it from Jii-san."

"I see,he joined the Akatsuki and changed his last name to Hoshigaki" He said. Hoshigaki? Why?

"What is the Akatsuki?" I asked.

"It is an organisation..of S-class criminals" He said. S..class....criminals??

"C-Cwiminals? What is..S-class?" I asked.

"Yes,he is now a criminal as well as your father,Zabuza. S-class is the highest ranking criminal,the most dangerous and most wanted." He explained. W-What?? They are..criminals..? Tou-san killed a lot of people,so it's expected. But Nii-san too??

"Don't mine if I ask,but what happened to your parents? Why did they leave you?" He asked.

"My mothew left me when I was vewy young. I saw hew make out with a man. Aftew that,she left with that man." I said sadly. He was silent,so I continued. "Tou-san..he left me. He said I was unworthy to carry the family name and I was too soft hearted"

"Don't worry,everyone is worth more than money can ever buy to their special someone" He turned to me and smiled.

"Someone..special?" I muttered.

"You will find that someone in the future" He assured me.

"Did yew find yow someone special?" I asked.

"I did.. But all of them died." He said quietly.

"S-Sowwy" I said and gripped his shirt harder,feelimg guilty.

"Don't worry about it,it has been a long time now. My father suicided. My teammates died. One of them died from saving me. You see this eye which is covered? It was blinded,so he pushed me away when I was about to he crushed. A huge rock crushed his right body,so he gave me his left eye as a belated present to congratulate me for being a Jounin. My other teammate is a girl. I..killed her." He was silent. "She was sealed with a beast inside her,so she forced me to kill her"

I wanted to keep his mind off his past,so I asked him questions about ninjas.

"What is a Jounin?"

"Ninjas are separated by ranks like Genin,which is the lowest ranking. Chunnin is when you become a experienced Genin. Jounin is the highest ranking. There is one more,which is ANBU. Being an ANBU,you have to sacrifice your life anytime. Each rank including Genin requires to pass an exam."

"You just be vewy powewful to become a Jounin!" I said.

"I'm not that powerful.. I'm an ANBU now."

"So..yew awe willing to sacwifice youw life..?" I asked.

"Yes. For the village. I'm willing to throw my life away. I don't have anyone waiting for me and I don't have much friends anyway" He said.

"But..why not?"

"I'm not a sociable person. I tend to separate myself from them and train alone." He said and I was silent for awhile.

"Can I...be youw..special..someone..?" I asked shyly. "I don't want yew to die.."

He was taken back by what I said. He smiled and said,"Sure. I'll prove that you are worthy. Worth more than what money can buy"

"Yeah!" I beamed and hugged him. He chuckled.

Soon we reached the village which is Hidden in the Leaves. We straight away head to the Hokage tower. The ninja who helped me which I learnt his name is Kakashi Hatake reported about his mission and continued about bumping into me.

The Hokage nodded and asked me a few questions. I told him about my family and his reaction was the same as Kakashi's.

"Do you want to he a ninja?" He asked.

I thought for awhile and answered,"Yes,I want to pwoof to Tou-san that I'm not a disappointment. I want to pwove him wong. And I want to show him and aniki that it isn't necessary to cross the wong pav to eawn a reputation and gain more powew as well" I was determined.

"Very well,I shall enrol you to the Ninja Academy here and you will start next week. Now let's move on to you staying here" He seemed impressed with my answer and I sighed in relief that he accepted me despite I'm from another village and blood related to S-class criminals.

"Hokage-sama,I would like to take full responsibility on her. I'll take the role of her father and her sensei" I was shocked to hear this from Kakashi.

The Hokage looked at Kakashi and he looked back with a determined face. "Very well. You shall take full responsibility of her. Sakura is it? Feel free to come visit me anytime,especially when Kakashi is on a mission,alright?" He smiled.

"Yes Hokage-sama!" I beamed.

"Such young child with such great respect. Just jii-san will do"

"Respect to eldewly is a must! Howevew,I'll call yew Hokage jii-sama instead!" I grinned

"Alright alright" he chuckled and Kakashi smirked.

"Come Sakura-chan,ready to see your new home?" He smiled at me

"Hai!!" I squealed.