Chapter 12: Daddy

When I woke up,I felt a surge on pain washing over me. I was staring at the white ceiling. I can't be dead if I can feel pain.. Must be in the hospital. I felt someone on my right and I saw Kakashi. He was sleeping next to my bed.

"K-Kakashi.." I whispered and moved my right hand to poke his head. Daddy..

He sat up slowly and rubbed his eyes. He looked at me in shock.

"S-Sakura??" He said in surprise.

He smiled and hugged me tightly. I could feel droplets of water on my shoulder. Is he..crying?? He pulled away and rained kisses on my face.

"I thought I lost you" He said and snuggled closer. He was breathing heavily.

"I told you I don't die easily" I snickered.

He pulled away and caress my cheeks. His eyes are..full of emotion.

"Indeed you don't" He smiled. I wiped his tears away and grinned.

"Why are you crying?? You are a big guy!" I joked.

"I thought I lost my cherry blossom angel,my sunshine...and...my only beloved daughter" He said as he stroke my hair.

"Kaka-" I was interrupted when he flicked my forehead. "Ow!" I pouted.

"It's rude to call your dad by name" He grinned behind his mask.

I stared at him with wide eyes..

"D-Daddy.." I tested. "Daddy!" I beamed and hugged him ignoring the pain on my abdomen. He laughed and hugged me tightly.

"I'm sorry.." He started. "I bet you heard me talking to Yamato,huh? That's why you ran away. I'm sorry"

"It's okay. I understand. Even if what you said was true,I could see now in your eye that it is filled with emotion." I said softly. "And you really care about me" I whispered as tears roll down my cheeks.

"Thank you,Sakura. Don't worry me to death again" He chuckled still holding me. "You have to wait for another week to enter the academy seeing your condition now isn't good." I groaned and he chuckled. I pouted at him thinking he didn't notice.

"I know you are pouting,Sakura." He said and pat my head. I pouted more.

"MY YOUTHFUL CHERRY BLOSSOM! HOW ARE YOU??" A voice shouted and slammed the door open. Daddy hugged me closer to him and glared at Gai.

"Don't I get a chance to hug her? I can't even get close to her!" He cried. I pulled away from daddy and he looked at me in shock. I smirked and he figured I was going to prank him,so he smirked back.

I walked on the bed towards Gai. He seemed so happy that he cried tears of joy. "YES! Come here,come here" He reached out his hands and hugged me. I hugged him back and punched the back of his head.

"Ooff!" He fell unconscious.

Suddenly,a face appeared to my right and I saw.. Yamato. I yelped and ran to daddy.

"Why are you so scared of me?" He asked with a sad face.

I didn't answer him. I just hid my face in the crook of daddy's neck.

"Sakura-chan!" A feminine voice called.

I turned around and saw Kurenai.

"Kurenai-san!" I smiled and hopped into her arms.

"You sure are moving freely with that kind of injury" Kurenai said.

"Nah,I can handle this pain." I said.

"What about my hug?" A voice said. "I didn't smoke all day just for you." Asuma smiled sadly.

I reached my hands out to Asuma and he pulled me away from Kurenai. Asuma smiled from ear to ear.

"Ne,Kurenai. We look like a happy family,don't we?" Asuma smirked while Kurenai blushed. A vein appeared on daddy's head as well as mine.

"YOU ARE NOT MY FATHER!/SHE IS NOT YOUR DAUGHTER!" Daddy and I yelled at the same time. I hopped out of his arms and kicked his gut.

"You sure kick hard with this size of yours!" Asuma said.

"No fair! Everyone gets a hug! What about me?" Yamato said while I just showed him my tongue. I walked over to daddy again and hug him.

"Drag Gai away. Let them have their moment" Kurenai chuckled. "No one can replace Kakashi in Sakura's heart and vice versa."

Yamato and Asume sighed,then pulled Gai away. Kurenai smiled at us and walked away with the others.

"I love you,daddy" I exclaimed happily.

"I love you too,my little cherry blossom angel" He said and kissed my head.