Chapter 5: Decorations

Last night,I remember Kakashi come in and tucked me in bed. What surprised me is he gave me a peck on the forehead. I felt blissful and went to sleep soundly.

~NEXT MORNING~

I woke up early for some reason and remembered that we are going to decorate my room today. I went downstairs and found no one. Perhaps he is still sleeping.. I'll go cook breakfast as a thank you! I smiled and go to work.

Kakashi's POV

I woke up to the smell of food. Is someone cooking? Sakura? I got up and went downstairs. She was in the kitchen cooking. I went inside and was shocked. She was actually standing on the cupboard to cook since she is too short. She has perfect chakra control at such a young age..

I walked over and saw her cooking scrambled eggs and bacon. When she saw me,she jumped and was going fall until I caught her.

"K-Kakashi-san!" She smiled. "Good mawning!"

"Good morning,Sakura-chan. You don't have to cook you know.." I said.

"I want to thank yew fow willing to take cawe of me and waste yaw time and money on me. It's the least I could do!" She beamed. Somehow..it hurt a little when she said she waste my time and money.. But it's true.

"Thank you,Sakura"

"No,don't thank me. I can't thank yew enough" She smiled a sad smile. "Umm.. Can you put me down? I haven't finish cooking.

"Oh,sorry" I said as I put her down.

She shook her head and climbed on the cupboard again like it's nothing. She is something..

After awhile,she put the food on the plates and I helped her being it out to the table. She washed the utensils and walked over to the table. I brought it to the living room because the table is shorter. I took out my mask and munched on her food. I caught her staring at me.

"Yes?" I cocked my eyebrow.

"Why do you always wear a mask?" She asked.

"I don't know.. I'm just used to it I guess.." I answered and she nodded.

We ate in silence and I washed the dishes because she isn't tall enough. She went up to prepare and I did so too. We went out and walked around. We bought a few things for her room. I can see she is holding back,thinking she didn't want to waste my money. I don't know the reason,but I feel like spoiling her. All she bought was necessary things,such as a table,chair and a mirror table. All of those will be sent to our house later. That's all she bought.

"What else?" I asked.

"Nope,I'm done!" She smiled. I sighed.

"Nope,we are going to go shop for actual decorations instead of..furnitures." I said and grabbed her hand.

"Yew don't need to!!" She said.

"Nope,my wish" I said. I beat her to it and she stick a tongue out. "Heh,I saw that" Immediately she shut her mouth.

I bought light pink paint,bright pink paint and white paint for her room. I even payed some guys to paint it and told them how to. I gave them the keys and they are immediately on with it. I bought fluffy carpets and stuff toys. Hmm.. I guess that's it. I'll come by another time when I think of something.

"Where do you want go until your room is done?" I asked.

"I don't know this place,so I don't know.." She said sadly.

"I know,lets go around town" I suggested.

"Alright!" She smiled.

We walked around and I told her where is this and that. The last place I brought her to was the stone where the ninjas' names are written on. Ninjas whom died for the country.

I pointed to her the names of who is who.

"This is my father,the White Fang"

"This is..my teammate who saved me and gave me this Sharingan. And this..is the girl whom I killed." I said.

She squeezed my hand harder and gave me a heart warming smile. What shocked me was she jumped on me. I caught her just in time and she hugged around my neck.

"Don't wowwy,I won't die easily." She said reassuringly. I hugged her back tightly and felt her warmth. The comfort she gave me. Something in me made me want to protect her with my life.

How can a little girl I barely know be so important to me? I must he imagining.. I thought.