CHAPTER 1

I block my Master's attacks with ease.

"Don't take it easy on me, Master," I say, spinning around and meeting Plo Koon's lightsaber.

"I'm not!" Master Plo replies, trying to find a good spot to attack. This training is useless - I'm tired of being a Padawan. Obi-Wan Kenobi had just been made a Master after he triumphantly killed the Sith Apprentice Darth Maul. Obi-Wan and I have been great friends ever since I started my training with Plo Koon, when I was only 6 and he was 13. Anytime we weren't training we were together, and that was not very often.

"Focus," Plo said. I wasn't. We were still fighting, which was what we've been doing for a couple of weeks. Before that, we went on a mission to Kashyyyk to recruit young force sensitive wookies. No luck. Apparently when Obi-Wan and his old Master Qui-Gon Jinn had to stop at Tatooine, they found a force sensitive little boy. Right after they found him, Qui-Gon was killed by Darth Maul. Obi-Wan hasn't updated me on anything since then. We've hardly talked since he became a Master. My hopes are I will become a Master, too. I take a deep breath and get back to fighting. My green lightsaber clashes against his. I make a move against my Master and he blocks it. I take him by surprise when I flip over him. I would've stabbed him in the back if we were really fighting.

"Very good, Rye. Very good," Plo Koon says, accepting his defeat. I turn my lightsaber off.

"Well, I learned it from you," I responded. It's true, everything I know comes from him.

"Ah, don't be humble. You are a better Jedi than I'll ever be. Your training should end quite soon," Master Plo says, confirming my thoughts. Finally, I'd be free from training.

Master Plo Koon and I leave the little training room and walk down a long corridor towards the elevator. The Jedi Temple is beautiful, really. It's architecture always seems to take my breath away. My Master didn't seem impressed - after all, I heard he'd been at the Jedi Temple for over 200 years. After observing the beauty, I realized we had made it to the elevator. We both got in and I looked out the large window - we were very high up in the air. The elevator went down a level and Plo Koon got out.

"See you around, my Padawan," He said. I smiled and the doors closed. I went down another level to my small room provided by the Jedi Order for when I'm not training. Obi-Wan had a room next to mine, but I assumed he was in the Council room. I exited the elevator and walked down a corridor, taking a left. My room was 4 doors down, Obi-Wan's 3. I walked to mine and shut the door behind me. I took a deep breath and sat down on the bed. It was getting late, so I decided to stay there. I was consumed by the peacefulness of sleep.