CHAPTER 13

It had been a few days since I arrived back home. My voice was back, but I still had to be very quiet so I didn't damage anything.

I was sitting in the Council Room. Obi-Wan and his new Padawan, Anakin Skywalker, were in the center of the room. Master Windu and Master Yoda were explaining the boy's training because he was nine, which is old for a Padawan to start training for the first time. Anakin seemed like a good little boy. He did look a little nervous and I truly felt bad. He was taken and thrown into the Jedi Order faster than you could blink. I wanted to reassure him - tell him it was okay - but I didn't want to scare him with my injuries.

I wasn't really paying attention to the meeting. The two Masters were just informing where to start and how dangerous this training could be - after all, his Midichlorian Count is over 27,000. I looked around the room and I catch Vone's eyes. He was staring at me for who knew how long. He smiled at me and I smiled back. He was such a gentleman.

After the council meeting, I decided to go meditate.

I walk to the very last room in the hallway. I open the door and quietly shut it behind me. I swiftly walked over to one of the large audomen and sat down, sinking for a few seconds. I found a comfortable spot and started to control my breathing - in and out. I closed my eyes, thinking about how grateful I am to be here and safe. In and out. I thought about my friends - how I'm so grateful for them. In and out.

"Hey, Rye," I straighten my back and flip my head towards the door. I ease up when I see who it is.

"Oh, it's you! Come join me!" I replied to Vone, motioning my hand to one of the other audomen. He sat down.

"How have you been?" Vone asked me, getting comfortable in his seat.

"Okay - very tired from recovering," I said, wincing, barely touching my bruised neck. I knew I'd get revenge for all of my suffering - even though revenge isn't the Jedi way.

"I'm sorry, Rye,"

"You don't need to pity me, Vone. It's okay - I'll be fine!" I reassured him. Even though we'd only just met, I could tell he really cared about me. Vone smiled.

"So, when did you become a Master?" I asked him, carrying on the conversation.

"Just over two years ago. My Master was Yoda. When I was a Youngling and we all trained together, we both took a liking to each other," Vone chuckled at the end. "I miss it."

"It's only been a couple of days and I miss training with Plo," I confessed.

We sat in silence for a while. I enjoyed tranquil moments like this. I thought about Vone this time - his beautiful eyes, chiseled jaw, gentleman behavior. I got butterflies in my stomach just thinking about him.

"Woah - it's getting pretty late. Want me to walk you back to your room?" Vone offered.

"Sure! Thank you," I replied, smiling. We both got up and left the room, taking the short walk back to mine.