CHAPTER 7

I grip my lightsaber, my thumb hovering over the on switch. I duck down into one of the compartments, hoping to stay hidden for a while. I try to slow my breathing and stay calm. The footsteps were getting closer. Now, I held my breath. I really did not need to be captured by somebody right now. The ship jerked and I fell back into the compartment more. The smell was horrible. I tried to regain my balance, but the ship was going up and up. I was so focused on staying quiet, I didn't hear the footsteps right outside the door.

From what I could see, my kidnapper wore black boots and pants with a brown cape. I gulped.

"You fell right into my trap. There are still droids on this ship, you know. I was waiting for one of you... Jedi," He put as much disgust into the word as he could. "... would enter my ship and spill info about the Jedi Order to me. To my delight, it was Rye Nevez, Padawan of Jedi Master Plo Koon,"

My heart dropped to my feet. He knew who I was. I held onto my lightsaber, ready to ignite it. To my surprise, the man crouched down and grabbed my neck, lifting me out of the compartment. He was quite old, but very athletic. I ignited my saber, giving him a small wound on his arm. He dropped me and I fell to the ground. He stared at me, frowning.

"Well that wasn't very nice. I didn't want to hurt you. I didn't have to. Only if I needed to," He said, trailing off.

"Who are you?" I ask, scowling. He smirked.

"My name is Darth Tyranus - but, you may know me as Count Dooku," He said. My mind flashed back to the Chiss in the Green Glowstone Tavern. This was the guy he was talking about.

"Count Dooku, trained my Jedi Master Yoda. He must be very disappointed in your horrible decisions," I say. Dooku sneered at me.

"Be careful with your words, Padawan. You don't want to anger me," He warned me. I rolled my eyes.

"I do what I want. By the way, I know you want to scare me. It isn't working," I say, feeling a surge of confidence.

"Much to learn, young one. Much to learn," The Sith said, shaking his head. He reached for his lightsaber - it was abnormally long. I saw another one - a curved hilt - tucked in his brown cape. That one must be his back up. He ignited his red lightsaber, the light filling the room. I ignite mine as well, the colors clashing.

"If I taught you, you would be the most powerful Sith!" He said, trying to switch me to the dark side.

"Hey, don't fight in my ship!" A squeaky voice said.

"Very well. We'll save this for Mustafar," Count Dooku said. We both turned our lightsabers off and he headed out, closing the door behind him. I look out a small window - we're in space now. I huff and jump on top of the compartments, sitting down. The pilot was taking their time, not bothering to make the jump to hyperspace. Who knows how long it would be before I'd battle with Dooku.