CHAPTER 14

It was taking a while to get used to my prosthetic leg. It squeaked every time I walked and sometimes it was so loud it made me jump. Whenever I had to walk past the Youngling training room, the poor kids were all scared of me except Fless - she would wave at me and smile. She was just a little ray of sunshine in this dark world.

Despite the big changes, I wanted to stay the same. Enjoy the little things in life without those things getting in the way. I went out to the small garden and picked out a couple of fruits - I ate one and put the rest in my room. I went for a walk outside of the Jedi Temple. I talked to Obi-Wan about how training was with Anakin.

On my way to meditate, I stopped in my room to rest and eat another fruit, but I was interrupted by a knock at my door.

"Rye, we have to go to the Jedi Council Room - it's urgent," Vone said. I could tell he was being serious.

"Got it," I said, finishing the fruit. I grabbed my lightsaber and hooked it on to my belt. I charged out of the room, running to the elevator. I got in and clicked the "8" button. I heard the elevator music playing and swayed side to side. I looked up at the level indicator. 4... 5.... 6... 7... ding! I got out of the elevator and went to my seat in the Council Room. More Jedi arrived from the stairs and all of the seats were filled. Master Windu spoke up.

"We have been made aware there is a new Sith that is supposedly even more powerful than Darth Maul. His name is Count Dooku," Windu said. Everybody looked towards me. "He wants revenge on the Jedi."