CHAPTER 9

I open my eyes, moving up to sit. I fell asleep. I didn't know if it was day or night or how long I'd slept. I look around. Nobody was in sight. I tried to take a deep breath but the bruises on my neck were starting to form. I started to breathe shallowly, trying not to damage anything more. I look at my leg. Below my knee was gone. It seemed to be fine but I was still in tremendous pain.

I figured the Jedi would notice I was gone by now. Maybe they'd be looking for me. If they somehow managed to find out I was on Mustafar, they probably wouldn't find me. So, I layed down and flipped over to my stomach. I was going to have to crawl my way back to the landing pad. I reached one hand out and pulled myself forward and did the same with the other one. I tried to give myself more push with my full leg. It was tiring and I was very fatigued. I couldn't catch my breath so I went slowly. I didn't realize how hot the rocks were - they started to burn my hands after a while. I was hardly getting anywhere and multiple times I contemplated giving up. But I kept remembering my life might depend on inching closer. I took a few breaks here and there. I was making good distance - I was roughly over halfway back. The landing pad wasn't too far away, so I decided to stay where I was at. I sat up, looking at the river of lava flowing by me. I was very overheated and dehydrated. The only thing I wanted was water. My stomach started to growl as well. I was so uncomfortable I wanted to scream. I closed my eyes and tried to distract myself from my needs. I thought about becoming a Master. That's one of the only things that kept me going - along with seeing my friends again. I wanted to go back to the Jedi Temple and feel the comfort of everyday life. I never thought I'd miss it so much.

"Why me?" I whisper, a tear strolling down my face. I hang my head and let my emotions flow out.