CHAPTER 11

We got inside of the ship and I was rushed to a medic station. There was a GH-7 Medical Droid there and as soon as I was laid down, it analyzed my body for injuries.

"There seems to be severe damage done to her trachea and fractures in the vertebrae of her neck. I cannot seem to analyze her left leg," The droid said.

"Her left leg was cut off. Are there any infections?" I heard Plo Koon ask.

"No. An artery has been damaged. I will have to fix that and get her a prosthetic leg. I'll get that started," The droid said, going to find something. It came back and injected something into me. I looked to Plo Koon and Obi-Wan.

"Thank you," I murmured. I was then forced into sleep.

I blinked my eyes open. There was a bright light. I squinted, trying to get used to it. I looked towards the left - there was a window a while away. We were in space. I turned to my right - I saw Plo-Koon sleeping and Obi-Wan piloting the ship. I got up and looked around. I saw a mirror in front of me. I looked at it. There was a cast around my neck and I could see the purple bruises above and below it. I winced - that would be hard to cover up. I looked down and realized I was standing. I saw my prosthetic leg - it was metal and I could see a few wires in it. It didn't bother me.

"You're awake," I heard Obi-Wan call out.

"Y-" I tried to speak, but couldn't.

"The Meddroid said your voice was going to take a couple of days to come back. You will still have scars there and some bruises may be permanent," Obi-Wan said. That wasn't very good. "Come take a seat."

I sat next to him in the cushioned chair. It was much better than rocks.

"What happened with Dooku?" Obi-Wan asked. I pointed to my back.

"You stabbed him?" He asked, surprised. I nodded. I made a running move with my fingers.

"He ran away?" He asked again. I nodded.

"Nice. Well, we're almost to Coruscant," Obi-Wan said. I smiled. It would be good to be back home.

After a few minutes, the ship approached the city-filled planet. We entered the atmosphere and found the Jedi Temple. We landed on a landing pad there. I heard the ship door open.

"Master Plo, we're back," Obi Wan said. My Master woke up and noticed me there.

"Hello, Rye. Are you doing okay?" He asked. I nodded. We all lumbered out of the ship, the exhaustion and grogginess clear. We walked into the Jedi Temple.

"So, are you ready to become a Master?" Plo Koon asked me. I stopped walking and raised my eyebrows. I nodded.

"Let's go then," Obi-Wan said, smiling. We got to the elevator. I couldn't contain my happiness. I bounced up and down, careful not to shake the elevator. The elevator stopped and I heard a ding. The door slid open and I walked out of the elevator and into the Council Room. Plo and Obi-Wan took their seats. There was an open spot 6 chairs to the right, next to Obi-Wan. I walked to the middle of the room.

"Brave you were, young one," I heard Master Yoda say. I smiled.

"Foolish," I heard Master Windu say. My smile was wiped off my face. Yoda looked annoyed with the Master.

"You have been accepted as a part of this Council, Rye. You are now a Master. Soon, you will have a Padawan you must train. Please take a seat, Master Rye," Yoda said. I bowed, smiling. I went to go sit down by Obi-Wan. I took my surroundings in - it was different sitting in the chair from standing in the middle. It felt more peaceful. I saw many Jedi Masters smiling at me. I smiled back. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Master Windu - he seemed displeased. I didn't let that bother me though. I looked at Plo Koon. He nodded at me. I smiled with my eyes. I knew I'd miss training with him, but this is all I've ever wanted. I knew I'd make the best out of this opportunity.