Chapter 23: Yes and No

A/N: I'm back! Pati ang R18 warning, nagbabalik. 😂

I've been seeing some of you talking about this story on Twitter (thank you!) and because I like reading your reactions, I hope you can also use the hashtag #MIWOY23 in your tweets for this chapter. Syempre mag-iiba yung number per update. 😂 Alam kong hindi mahilig sa hashtags ang LizQuens kaya maikli lang. At huwag niyo na po akong hanapin sa Twitter, lurker lang po ako doon. 😅

Enjoy!

———
———

"Gavin, give this to your Lola when you meet her, okay?" Gabo said as he strapped his son into his car seat and handed him a bouquet of tulips. Those were his mom's favorite flowers and also meant new beginnings. When he saw them at the shop, yun agad ang pinili niya para kay Cristina.

Gavin held the bouquet securely. "Okay po Tatay! I'm excited to meet Lola!" he said.

"Me, too!" singit naman ni Brielle mula sa car seat niya.

"I'm sure she's excited to meet you as well, Puddings," sabi ni Gabo at sinara na ang pintuan ng kotse.

He went to the driver's side, but caught Billy first who was about to go to the passenger seat to give her a kiss on the lips. "Baka masuntok mo ako kung dun kita hinalikan sa harap ng staff mo eh," pang-aasar niya kay Billy.

"Alam mo ikaw, ang landi mo talaga," natatawang balik ni Billy. "Let's go. Baka ma-late tayo eh."

"Maaga pa naman," Gabo said and brought her to the passenger side of the car. He opened the door for her and put on her seatbelt bago siya pumasok sa driver's side.

As Gabo drove, he patiently listened to the twins' many stories about their day, making Billy smile. She was used to the kids' constant chatter.

"Will Lolo Ted be there din po, Tatay?" Brielle asked.

"He won't be there, baby, pero he invited us to go to his house this Sunday," sagot ni Gabo at tinignan si Billy. "Okay lang?"

Billy nodded. "Of course."

Gabo reached for her hand. "Thank you."

They got to the restaurant just in time for Gabo's reservation. Pinili niya ang isa sa mga favorite nilang puntahan ng Mommy niya noong bata pa siya. Nandun na ang ina niya pagpasok nila. Gabo felt the twins' tight hold on his hands when they approached their reserved table. Pagtayo ni Cristina, sabay nagtago ang kambal sa likod ni Billy.

Billy patted the kids' heads. "Puddings, that's Lola. Don't be scared," sabi niya. "Gavin, you have something to give Lola, right?"

Gabo gently took Gavin's hand to bring him to Cristina. Inabot ni Gavin sa kanya ang flowers but he still looked apprehensive. "This is for you po, Lola," Gavin said in a small voice.

To Gabo's surprise, his mom crouched to take the flowers from Gavin. "Thank you, sweetheart. What's your name?"

"I'm Gavin Bennett Dimagiba po," he said shyly and looked back at his twin sister.

Lumapit naman agad si Brielle. "My name is Gabrielle Beatrice Dimagiba po but you can call me Brielle! I was born two minutes and seven seconds before him!" she said with a toothy grin.

Cristina smiled at the twins. "I'm your Lola Cristina, babies. It's nice to meet you," she said and held out her hand for them to shake. Pero nagmano agad ang kambal at saka siya niyakap.

"You're so pretty po, Lola! Like the flowers!" Brielle said and kissed her cheek.

"Thank you, sweetheart. You two are so pretty, too! You look like little angels," sagot ni Cristina bago tumayo ulit.