Chapter 29: All the Days of My Life

A/N: And... we're down to the last few chapters.

Before I even started writing this, I already made a rough outline for the story. Extra scenes sometimes come to me while writing and editing, but for the most part, I've stayed faithful to my starting outline.

Sabi nga ni Tony Stark, part of the journey is the end. Naks. While it's tempting to keep extending this story, I don't want to fall into the trap of writing more scenes just because I'm not ready to say goodbye. Saka 'di pa naman 'to goodbye!

I hope you enjoy the remaining chapters. 😊

#MIWOY29

———
———

"Where are we going?" Billy asked as Gabo secured her seatbelt.

"To take a break! Kahit ako, nasestress na sa mga nangyayari eh," Gabo said and his car sped out of the hotel's parking basement.

It was just a week before their wedding and they were already cooped up in their designated hotel. It was Saturday night at Sunday ay may rehearsal at dinner sila kasama ang entourage nila. Sputnik and Mik volunteered to take care of the kids to give Billy and Gabo a break.

Magkakasama pa sila ng mga anak nila sa isang suite pero sabi ng Lolo't Lola ni Billy, dapat 24 hours before ng kasal, maghiwalay sila ng kwarto. Billy didn't believe in that superstition pero wala namang masama kaya pumayag na lang siya.

Billy was surprised when she saw the lights of Bonifacio Global City. "Saan nga tayo pupunta?" she asked Gabo again.

"Dito," sagot ni Gabo at pumasok sa driveway ng isang hotel.

"'Di tayo pwedeng mawala sa rehearsals bukas," Billy said worriedly when Gabo handed his keys to the valet.

"We're not staying here. Sabi kasi ni Tita, favorite daw niya yung spa dito. That's why we're here. To relax. Ayokong nasestress ka," Gabo assured her and took her hand as they entered the hotel.

Lumapit agad sa kanila ang manager at siya mismo ang nagdala sa kanila sa spa. Once they were there, the manager handed them over to the spa staff and told them to give Billy and Gabo whatever they needed.

They were escorted to the spa's wet floor where they spent some time in a private steam room and even tried their heated pool before they took a shower and went to a couple's massage room for a much needed session.

"That was amazing," sabi ni Billy pagkatapos nila sa spa. Nakatulog pa nga siya sa sobrang relaxing nung massage! The therapists were very professional and well-trained.

He smiled as he guided her towards the elevators, his hand on her back. "I'm happy you liked it. I feel so much better," Gabo said and held her hand as the elevator doors closed.

"Me, too. The past few weeks have been so crazy," Billy answered, leaning against him.

Gabo kissed her temple. "One more week," sabi niya. "I can't wait to marry you."

Ngumiti si Billy. "But we're practically married, anyway," sagot niya.

"We're making a promise in front of God and in front of our family and friends. It's special," Gabo said with a smile. "I think I'll be a teary mess."

Billy laughed. "We have a bet, remember."

Umiling lang si Gabo. "Okay lang namang matalo," sagot niya. The fact that I'm marrying you makes me a winner everyday.

The valet brought up Gabo's car again paglabas nila ng hotel. He helped her onto the passenger seat as usual before going to the driver's side. "Dinner?" tanong niya kay Billy.