Chapter 31: Angel

A/N: Trigger warning: depression, pregnancy issues.

I debated with myself for a while kung maglalagay ako ng trigger warning because frankly, it's a spoiler. But mental health comes first and the element of surprise isn't worth it if it causes someone any kind of distress.

I'm sorry in advance. I've been wanting to write this plot line for LQ for the longest time. Peace tayo. It's probably also bad timing dahil alam kong malungkot pa ang ibang fans na nacancel ang MIWY, pero ito talaga ang nakaplanong mangyari from the start. ✌🏻

I'll wrap this story up soon. Until then!

Please don't hate me too much. 😅

#MIWOY31

———
———

It took Gabo a lot of willpower to not announce his wife's pregnancy to anyone just yet kasi sabi ni Billy, dapat makalampas muna sila sa first trimester. Only their immediate family knew besides Mik and Sputnik. The baby seemed to be cooperating dahil bihirang magsuka si Billy sa bakeshop. Gabo joked that their Little Munchkin already had a nose for his or her parents' passion.

The second month of her pregnancy was a rollercoaster for Billy. By the end of it, though, the morning sickness had calmed down, as well as her constant dizziness and nausea, much to Gabo's relief. However many times Billy would tell him she was okay and everything happening to her was perfectly normal, he never stopped worrying about her.

Sakto lang din naman dahil December na at busy na ang bakeshop para sa mga holiday orders. Binawasan naman ng Tatay ni Billy ang trabaho niya para hindi siya masyadong mapagod. Buti na lang din at marami na silang staff kaya hindi naman sila nahihirapan.

Around the third week of December, it was time for Billy's regular eighth week checkup. She and Gabo worked from home that Friday so it would be more convenient for them to meet their afternoon appointment.

Gabo drove to the hospital with an excited smile on his face. He gave the back of Billy's hand repeated kisses every time they would reach a stoplight or get stuck in a traffic jam. He also asked her many times if she was feeling well. Billy was amused by how much of a doting husband Gabo was, especially now that she was pregnant. Gagawin niya yata lahat ng hindi niya nagawa para sa'kin nung buntis ako sa kambal.

Mikael met them in front of his office. "How are you feeling?" agad niyang tanong kay Billy habang papasok sila sa opisina niya.

"I'm okay. Today was a good day," sagot ni Billy. "I was a little dizzy at nagsuka ako pagkagising, but that was it."

Mik nodded. "That's good." They went straight to the adjoining examination room where a female ultrasound technician was prepping. Mik gestured to his office's restroom. "Billy, alam mo na 'to. Gabo, upo ka muna," he said.

Billy went to the restroom and Gabo took his seat near the exam bed. Mik checked the equipment himself bago siya tumango kay Gabo. "You look worried," he commented, smiling.

"Kabado lang siguro," Gabo answered. "I wasn't around when she was pregnant with the twins so this is all new to me."

"I understand," Mik said. "Buti may kasama na siya ngayon. She had a tough time carrying the twins but since matapang naman yang kaibigan namin, kinaya niya. With you, I'm sure it'll be easier for her. Well, as long as the baby's healthy."

"Is it?"

"Our last ultrasound was too early kasi halos kaka-five weeks lang noon. That's why I told you to come back today. At eight weeks kasi, mas madali na naming makikita kung kamusta ang baby. Kaya sana nga okay. This is a routine checkup, though, so I'm not worried," Mikael explained.