Chapter 27: The Not-an-Ex Ex

A/N: Been busy so here's a filler update.

#MIWOY27

———
———

Cover Story: The Villarica-Dimagiba Nuptials

Gabriel Villarica and Belinda Dimagiba met five years ago in Croatia. They admit what happened was a whirlwind romance begging for a cheesy soundtrack — two people meet and fall in love, complete with a beautiful city as a backdrop. What transpired after was even more worthy of a movie.

Our couple is noticeably amused as they tell their love story. Gabriel is quick to dismiss the almost five years they were apart as a little misunderstanding, making Billy laugh. Her eyes sparkle, a dimple appears as she smiles, and it's easy to see what Gabriel fell in love with. He says just as much.

Society Weddings (SW): Was it love at first sight?
Gabriel Villarica (GV): Not really. We might have had an instant connection, if you will call it that. She's beautiful, obviously. But we had to get to know each other. Plus, I wasn't exactly attractive as a scavenger.
Billy Dimagiba (BD): The spark was there from the start but it was when we started talking that we developed feelings for each other. We didn't exactly hit it off right away.
GV: There were a few blips at the start but when we fixed and talked about those, dun ko siya nakilala. That was when I started to seriously think about staying there, just to be with her. From the start, I wasn't planning on going home, but I didn't plan to stay in Croatia either.

SW: You had to go home eventually and you said you weren't able to say goodbye.
GV: Maybe a part of me wanted her to hate me. Para hindi na siya magpakita ulit sa'kin at 'di na siya madamay. Dad and I weren't in good terms then. I didn't expect na uuwi siya dito.

SW: You went home because you were pregnant?
BD: Yes. We were young and I guess we didn't think about the consequences back then. When I found out I was pregnant, I wanted to go through it with my family. Tapos naisip ko, sasabihin ko na rin sa kanya because I thought he needed to know. And then... yeah.
GV: She found out about me and thought I was engaged to someone else because of something my Dad did. So she disappeared from my life.

SW: You looked for her?
GV: I did.

SW: Then you met again earlier this year?
GV: Yes and I found out we had kids. Dati, sabi ko, kapag nahanap ko siya ulit and she still has feelings for me, I'll never let her go again. We fixed our issues and now... we're getting married. Finally. (laughs)
BD: (laughs) Finally.

SW: It hasn't come without the usual intrigues.
GV: I know. For the record, she didn't know who I was in the Philippines when we met in Croata. Kahit nung nalaman niya, she didn't ask me for anything. Even when we met again, she was bent on pushing me away. She really hates it when I spoil her or the kids. (chuckles) Anyone who thinks she's here for my money should really stop talking. They don't know who she is.

SW: Forgive me for asking this, but since you both have businesses related to food, any plans of a merger?
BD: (laughs) No.
GV: She put up that business by herself and I'm so proud of her. It's doing very well. Unless she wants us to merge, it'll remain hers. Hindi naman kami competitors. Actually, there are even areas we can collaborate in but only if she wants to. I can offer to invest if she wants to expand, but again, only if she wants me to. Otherwise, I'll just offer my business advice as her husband. (chuckles)
BD: (laughs) And moral support.
GV: Of course!