Hangover

I woke up with one hell of a hangover. Groaning, I sat up and looked around for Alastor, but the Radio Demon was nowhere to be found. I dully wondered if it had all been some sort of drunken dream. 

I got up on shaky legs and went into my tiny kitchen to make a pot of coffee. I had just dumped what I thought was the right amount of grounds in when there was a knock at the door. 

"The fuck do you want..." I started as I opened the door, thinking it was some idiot trying to sell me internet, but froze when I saw it was Alastor. 

The deer demon was standing here, his smile stretched across his face as he held up a cup of coffee in front of my nose. I couldn't lie, it smelled delicious. 

"It's just coffee," He chuckled, "No strings attached."

Giving him a skeptical look, I shrugged and took the coffee. Taking that as an invitation to come in, Alastor's slim form slipped around me and walked straight into my apartment. 

"How's the hangover?" He asked conversationally, taking a better look around my small home in the daylight. It wasn't much to look at. 

I started to shut the door when he said something that made me freeze in my tracks, "By the way, your book is quite enjoyable so far. Tell me, do you plan on finishing it?"