The Car Ride

I couldn't believe how many people came to have me sign a copy of my book for them. One girl, a young demon with spiky blue hair, even said I was her role model. I wanted to tell her that without Alastor's help, I would still only be dreaming of publishing while listening to my neighbors argue. But I didn't want to burst her bubble, so I just said thank you and sent her on her way. 

"How the Hell do people do that?" I sighed, slumping in the back seat of Alastor's town car as we were on our way back to his house. My hand was cramping from all the writing and I just wanted to relax and recharge. 

Alastor smiled as he toyed with the head of his microphone, "Do what, socialize? That's human nature, my dear." 

I rolled my eyes and laid my head on his shoulder. Alastor wrapped an arm around me, pulling me closer. This is nice, I told myself as the town car carried us back to Alastor's home. 

I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I knew Alastor was lifting me out of the car and into his arms. I made some incoherent protest that sounded more like nonsense as Alastor carried me inside. 

"Shhh," He chuckled, carrying me into what I assumed was a guest bedroom and laid me on the bed, "Sleep, my dear. You've had a long day."