Mint and Tobacco

It was dark when I woke up. Yawning, I sat up and stretched lazily, feeling more refreshed than I had in quite a while. I wondered how long I had been asleep, it had to be after seven at least. 

I found Alastor downstairs in his study, reading a book in the armchair. Quietly, I sat on the arm of the chair to peer over his shoulder. He was reading Good Omens by the look of it. 

"I haven't read that in a long time," I mused out loud. 

Bookmarking his place before setting the book aside, Alastor chuckled, "It's a highly amusing story that ages well. I usually wind up re-reading it every decade or so." 

His crimson gaze met mine, full of amusement. He was in a good mood this evening. Then he lifted me off the arm and pulled me into his lap. I squeaked in surprise, a blush rising in my cheeks. 

"You did splendid today, you know," Alastor said, his tone lower this time. 

"All thanks to you," I replied, kissing his cheek. Alastor's grin spread even wider across his face before returning the kiss. 

I threaded my fingers through his hair as he deepened the kiss, his tongue snaking along my bottom lip as it prodded for admittance. I moaned at the taste of him, he tasted like mint and tobacco. 

Adjusting myself so that I now straddled his lap, I broke the kiss to peer down at the now-rumpled Alastor. He gave me a lazy grin as he wrapped his arms tighter around me before picking me up and carrying me towards the stairs.