"You've Earned This"

I didn't expect a large crowd to be at Harbor and Jones for the book signing. In fact, I didn't expect anyone at all. However, when I showed up before the book store opened there was already a line waiting outside. 

As Alastor led me to a side entrance, I whispered, "Please tell me that's the line for Starbucks."

Alastor chuckled as he opened the door for me, "I'm afraid not, my dear. See how they're all holding copies of your book? They're waiting here for you."

I felt the blood drain from my face as we went inside. Yes, I was very well aware that authors did this kind of thing all the time. I just didn't think I would ever get the chance to do the same. 

The manager for the day showed me to a table laid out with copies of my book for me to sit at and autograph for my readers. The golden Black Wings Gold Crown stared up at me as I took my seat. 

"If you need anything, just holler." The manager said, giving a wary glance to Alastor before disappearing to wherever. 

Alastor placed a hand on my shoulder, "Relax, (Y/N). These people admire your work. And if someone gives you any trouble, I'm right here."

"Thank you," I smiled up at the Radio demon. 

Alastor leaned down and lightly brushed his lips across mine before murmuring, "Of course, my dear. You've earned this."