Dinner and a Deal

Alastor insisted on taking me out to dinner to celebrate. Dressed in my best dress (pictured below) I met him at his house like normal. He and I hadn't discussed much of anything outside of my book and his own personal library and I wasn't quite sure how to talk about anything else with him. 

Alastor was waiting for me with a sleek town car I hadn't seen before

Alastor was waiting for me with a sleek town car I hadn't seen before. His Cheshire grin stretched across his face when he saw me, "Well this is certainly different."

"What?" I said, looking down at my attire, "You told me to dress up. I didn't think a hoodie would cut it."

It turned out Alastor had a reservation at a swanky Japanese place on the north end of the Pentagram. It looked like the kind of place rich politicians would take their wives for an apology dinner after they got caught with their mistress. 

The poor hostess at the front looked as though she was fighting the urge to run as Alastor walked through the door with me on his arm. I wondered why she looked so afraid before realizing that the deer demon next to me was one of the most feared men in all of Hell. 

We were shown to a table in a private room already stocked in top-shelf sake and miso soup. I gave Alastor a questioning look as we sat down, "Are you trying to impress me or something?"

"I prefer a certain style of living," He grinned back at me, pouring us each a small glass of chilled sake, "Besides, I figured business is best discussed over dinner."

"Business?" I asked, accepting the glass offered to me, "What kind of deal are you proposing?"