Surprise

March 2093

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

I hate alarm clocks.

I rolled out of bed. 6:15. Great. I got up and put on some running clothes. I tied my tennis shoes and got my fit bit I got from my grandma for Christmas, and then went outside. I liked going outside, but only in the morning. During the day its so hot but in the morning, its always cool and refreshing. The cool breeze in my face feels so relaxing. The only reason I go on "runs" is because my gym teacher strongly recommended that we go on a run every morning, but I usually just walk. It was really relaxing but there was a bird that wouldn't shut his damn mouth, and it kind of ruined the mood.

I finished the walk and went back inside. My mom was up and was drinking tea.

"good morning honey" she said as I stepped in the kitchen.

"morning mom" I opened the fridge to find my strawberry peach yogurt.

"These astronauts are making progress" she said.

"For real?" I asked. Coming from my mom, who thought the whole idea of finding a new planet was stupid, that was a lot.

"yeah. Apparently, the astronauts saw a planet and are heading towards it right now" she replied.

I was excited. Really excited. Even though it might not be habitable for humans, finding a new planet was going to be interesting.

I looked at the clock. It was 7:00. We had to leave at eight. I went upstairs and I decided to take a shower, get dressed and if I had time afterwards, I would journal.

I took a quick shower and then had to decide what I would wear. I decided on a cropped pink hoodie and some white ripped jeans. It wasn't my best outfit, but it will do.

It was 7:45 and I could spend 15 minutes to journaling.

I decided to draw simple little planets and stars to make it look like space. In the center I used dark blue to write in cursive, "you don't know until you try." The overall product looked exceptional, as it was 8 and I had to go. I told my mom goodbye then jumped in her car. She works at home, so I can drive the car to school.

I'm not really gonna tell you about school – there isn't much to say. I have wellness, technology, history, English, study hall, lunch, algebra and biology. Not very interesting.

______________________________________________

I have homework for algebra and history and that's it, thankfully. When I get home its almost 4. Then I see a familiar car in the driveway. I smiled as I hopped out of the car and through the front door. I dropped all my stuff and was greeted by a hug.

"I am so happy to see you!" I said. "I didn't know you were coming!".

"I wanted to surprise you" he said.

"I've missed you dad."