7. If You Cross Her, You Cross Me

Em's fight with Daniel went for just as long, if not longer than Jord and Mason's had. The young brunette had come a long way in the past week or so, not only putting on a little extra muscle, but learning technique that gave her an edge to her fighting. Jordyn suspected Gini had something to do with it - she'd arrived in training one morning, and been surprised to see the two of them working away together. However it had happened, she was much better than last time. The problem was, Daniel had also improved.

Daniel had fought Bobby in his first fight, and although he had lost, he'd gone down swinging, and now he was back with a vengeance. Ems was giving it her all, but as Jordyn watched, her punches grew weaker, and Daniel was showing no signs of slowing. Jordyn had thought that the worst of her control issues were past her, but as the fight continued, and developed into Daniel simply beating up her friend, she felt it flaring up again. She glanced anxiously at Virgil, hoping he would stop the fight soon, but, for reasons best known to himself, he allowed it to continue. Jordyn felt herself growing angry at him, the longer it went on, despite the fact that she knew this wasn't good. She couldn't put a lid on it any longer, and after Daniel gave a well aimed kick to Emily's stomach as the girl lay on the floor, the floodgates opened, and all her anger shot towards Daniel, just as Emily put up her hand to block another blow. Daniel flew backwards, collapsing on the mat in a heap. It was an awkward angle he'd landed at, and the pained cry that flew from his lips, added to the fact that he did not try to get up again, pretty much settled it. The fight was over, and somehow, Emily had won.

Jordyn was breathing heavily, and when Virgil turned his startled gaze on her, was met with such an angry glare that he felt genuinely worried. Then the blonde was up, and running out of the training hall. Hendo glanced her way in surprise, and Virg was thankful that he apparently hadn't realised that Jord was anything to do with what had just happened. It had looked like Ems had managed to catch Daniel's foot at just the right angle to throw him off his balance. Unless you knew what you were looking for, it would have seemed like a sudden surge of strength from a desperate fighter who'd been backed up against a wall.

"Ems is her close friend," he muttered to Hendo, in explanation. "It must've been too much for her. I'll go see if she's okay."

"No, I'll go," said Gini, surprising Virgil. He turned to look at his best friend, and the expression on his face, added to the knowingness his emotional aura was giving off, caused him to relent. Gini left the room, in pursuit of the blonde, and Virgil turned back to deal with the situation immediately before him.

Jordyn hadn't gone far. She was, in fact, just outside the training hall, and when Gini found her, she had her head in her hands, and was crying. She looked up when she saw him, and Gini sighed, giving her a sympathetic smile. He pulled the younger girl into his embrace, and held her whilst she cried. Jord allowed him to comfort her, as she tried to get her emotions in check.

"Hey, you're okay, nobody realised what happened," Gini told her, after she'd calmed down a bit.

"Why didn't he stop the fight?" Jordyn asked him, her eyes wide as they looked up at him. "He could have stopped it sooner, it was clearly over, why didn't he?"

Gini shook his head, and bit his lip.

"Believe me, that wasn't easy for me to watch either. But Virg has to give her every chance to get up again. Ems hadn't given up yet, and he had to let it continue."

"But she's a fighter," Jord protested, blinking away further tears angrily. "Ems wouldn't give up until she's dead, he surely knows that!"

"Hey, shhh, you're gonna bring everyone out here," Gini hushed her, trying to stop her emotions from overflowing again.