9. You Ain't Doing This Solo, We All Riding With You

The majority of the friends Jordyn had made within her initiation class ended up on Virgil's team. In fact, Trent and Hannah were the only people she really knew at all on Hendo's team, but Jord wasn't particularly concerned. It gave her a chance to get to know the two Dauntless borns a little better. After the initial shock at being deliberately used in some kind of power struggle between the two trainers, Jord quickly realised that it wasn't the end of the world that she wasn't with Virg. She liked playing capture the flag, and although the stakes were slightly higher this time round, with the stun darts and all, she appreciated the adrenaline rush. Games like this appealed to the competitive streak within her inner Dauntless.

"Alright," said Hendo, eyeing his troupe of initiates, after they'd jumped off the train at the southern end of the pier. "I want you guys to think for yourselves, work together and come up with a plan. The other team will be starting from the Northern end, and we've got about fifteen minutes to sort ourselves out before it's go time."

"Let's just run in there and take it," said Mason, who was brandishing the amber glowing flag. "They won't be expecting that."

"They one hundred percent will be expecting that," Jordyn responded. "We've got a lot of fast runners on our team, they'll be expecting us to use it to our advantage."

"So you're saying we should not play to our strengths?" Asked Angel.

"Of course we should play to our strengths," the blonde shook her head. "I'm just saying, if we run in there guns blazing, we'll get picked off pretty quickly, and you've got to remember if you get hit, you're out, so if we commit all our soldiers to one place we'll end up crippled."

"Hendo are you allowed to help us?" Asked Daniel.

"I can only play as a soldier," the trainer shook his head. "I can't give you any tactical help, but I can advise you here and there."

"Okay, well Hendo obviously has to deal with Virg then, since no one else is gonna be able to handle that," said Mason.

"Speak for yourself," Jordyn stated, raising an eyebrow at him. Hendo looked at her in surprise. Evidently he hadn't been expecting that, but Jordyn knew something the rest of them didn't about Virgil, and there was a reason why she would genuinely be their best option of catching Virg by surprise.

"Okay, what about this then," said Hannah. "Hendo and Jordyn can both deal with Virg, and whoever he's got with him. But we sit here and defend the flag until they show up to come grab it. Once we've dealt with them, then we go in for their flag, since they'll be significantly weaker after the attack."

"That's risky," said Mason, "But I like it."

Jordyn considered that this had to be one of the only times she'd ever seen Mason and co. in the vicinity of Trent without trying to bully him, and she realised it must be the Dauntless competitive streak that forced them all to work together, wether they liked each other or not.

"Mason and Trent should be the ones to go for the flag," she suggested. "I'd say they're the fastest."

"Wait can we use..." Trent began, but then stopped himself suddenly, his eyes widening. He met Jordyn's eyes in alarm, and she suddenly realised he'd been about to ask if he could use his abilities as an enhancer to move faster. Both of them started giggling, and the rest of the group looked at them in confusion.

"What just happened?" Asked Angel, a confused frown apparent on his face.

"Never mind that," said Hendo. "You're happy with this plan then? Where are you putting the flag?"

"On top of the sea crates would be our best bet," suggested Hannah. "It's easily defendable, we've got the high ground."

"Okay Hannah, I see you," Jord grinned at her. "We got a tactical genius over here."