07. low energy mood

Friday 10th May - 2019 - 0630
Avengers facility - New York, USA

Bucky Barnes was still on Mila's mind when she went out for a run first thing on Friday morning a week after she found out he would be coming. She liked to get out extra early, do a lap around the compound for part of her warm-up then eventually make her way into the city. Bucky Barnes had caused Mila several sleepless nights and a lack of appetite. What would happen when he got to the compound?  It had only been a week since the other Asgardian arrived and tensions hadn't died down quite yet so adding an ex-brainwashed HYDRA assassin to the mix would definitely be interesting.

Mila huffed, rounding the corner and into the warm lobby of the compound. She checked her watch. 0630. Good time, considering she left at about 5. By the time she had walked out of the elevator, the three adults on her floor were up and talking - well Steve and Natasha were talking and Loki was sitting close by reading one of the books from the box that she had dropped off outside his door the night he arrived at the compound.

"Morning, tsvetok." Natasha smiled glancing up at Mila from her spot at the small kitchen table.

"Dobroye utro," Mila replied, giving Steve and Natasha a small smile.

"Vy khorosho plavali?" Steve asked, stuttering over the Russian pronunciations. Mila gave him a pitying smile.

"You were close. Begal is run." Mila started to make herself a coffee.

"What did I say?" Steve asked confused.

"Plavali." Mila and Natasha replied in unison.

"It means to swim," Natasha explained. Steve nodded his head. "Your pronunciation is getting better though." She added. Mila smirked and leaned against the kitchen counter.

"Yeah, maybe in a few weeks we can get you started on Polish." She added. Steve rolled his eyes.

"Yeah or maybe Norwegian," Steve replied sarcastically taking a bite of his cereal.

"Sikker, hvorfor ikke." Mila agreed in the language. Everyone's mouths fell open.

"Don't tell me you know Norwegian as well," Steve asked, eyes wide open.

"I have a wide range of languages that I was taught," Mila replied. She sipped on her coffee and decided to make herself some toast before her stomach started to growl, she wasn't as hungry as she thought she would be but she just put that down to nerves for the old face that haunted her dreams last night. She knew that she couldn't show her fear or uneasiness and resorted to keeping a neutral facial expression. It was either that or smiling in support of Steve's happiness.

"It'll be great to have Barnes around." Natasha agreed when the topic of Bucky was bought up "Once you get to know him, tsvetok, you'll really grow fond of him." Natasha stated, smiling into her cup of coffee. Steve hadn't stopped talking about how excited he was all week, it wasn't that it bothered Mila but it definitely left her feeling unsettled.

"He's quite standoff-ish at first but I'm sure he'll be fine." Steve agreed passively. Mila said nothing and smiling instead, filling her mouth with toast.

"Anyone excited to see Wanda and Vision?" She asked once she finished her toast.

"I reckon Tony's going to be throwing a party tonight." Steve shrugged. "Wanda and Vision back after a month? Sounds like a party-worthy occasion to me."

"You would be correct, Capsicle!" Tony smiled bright-eyed as he walked towards the four in the kitchen. "How we doing this morning, Reindeer Games?" Tony asked, turning to Loki.