01

Chapter 1: In me, I believe

I don't believe in love at first sight or anything.

I don't believe that you could fall in love after seeing someone's eye and saying that he or she is the one.

Generally, I don't believe in love itself.

I don't trust anyone who says I love you after the second night of your second date. You can't possibly love someone like that, not ever.

But I do believe that I'm in love with dads cooking.

We're having the classic kimbab. I'm not exaggerating; it's a really good kimbab despite how dad doesn't know how to cook.

But that all changed when I first met him, and I didn't know that it would hit me this hard.

Kim Namjoon

Somehow thinking about him makes my tummy feel butterflies as if the world stopped when he stood there perfectly. His perfect smile could cure cancer. His dimples when he smiles it's too hard not to ignore. It was a signature smile. With his chocolate orbs and his tall figure, he was perfect.

I know. The hypocrite in me is dying to throw myself. I was babbling about how I don't believe in love, and here I am, silently admiring the guy as if his god himself. But I couldn't help; ever since he helped me open the door to Mrs Kang's classroom, I had never seen such a guy like him.

So here I am. Here is Moon Heeyeol confessing her love for Kim Namjoon.

Well, not verbally, of course. A written letter is more of my style.

Ever since my best friends had dragged me into the world of Netflix, I couldn't help myself over the movie "Too all the boys I've loved before".

As if the letters I'm writing will bring happiness to my own stories, but for all I know, when I'm writing these letters, I'm not going to send them at all.

But Sooji, one of my best friends, decided that the girls and I should write letters to our loved ones and have them buried behind Hyejin's backyard. It would be fun, she says, me being the only one who didn't believe in love and decided to not write anything but the girls were persistent. They did promise not to read any of the letters, so in the end, I did agree.