04

Chapter 4: Our First Meeting

I was staring.

Frozen in my spot, and once again, embarrassment came crashing into the door as I fell for my crush, literally.

I needed to stop meeting him like this, it was getting out of hand, and I didn't think my heart could take it anymore.

This is the first week of 12th grade, and I'm making a fool. Namjoon was standing around 5 steps away from where I was, and in those distance, I hoped he couldn't hear my heart beating and prayed that he didn't see how my cheeks were beet red.

"Hi..." he started, and I looked at him before smiling slowly.

"Hi..." it was awkward, he didn't say anything else, and I was getting uncomfortable with his stare as he still didn't get the message that I might not like being looked at.

"What are –"

"Are you –"

Another silence, and I heard him chuckle at how ironic it was for us to meet like this.

"Are you looking for the disciplinary committee?"

"Yeah... "

"Oh... right, Mr Han's right?"

"Yeah..." looking up as his eyes widened and started fumbling in his pocket as he took out a piece of paper. He extended his hands, expecting me to take it. I looked at the amount of paper and took it, mumbling a small thank you.

Opening the piece of paper, I saw it was the detention slip with a well-written prescription.

"Here... since you made trouble," you looked up questioningly as he widened his eyes again in panic.

"Not... that I-I thi-think you're a trou-troublemaker is it's just a slip for those people who did bad things again not because I think you're bad it's really not a big deal of a slip just for certain bad people that makes a mistake not that I think you're bad or a mistake, never a mistake, you're nice and cute but really nice and not bad not a mistake haha...," that was a lot to process as he just fumbled with his words. You stare wide at what he just said.