06

Chapter 6: My Moon and Star

          "I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have said –" I stop him before he continues. Apparently, Namjoon is the kind of person who wouldn't stop apologizing because he felt bad for asking. Of course, if it was anybody else, I would have felt annoyed, but seeing him panic like this it gold.

"No... it's fine, she was never around, you know... so no problem," he looks at you sadly, "Don't worry about it, Joon."

Silence took over for a moment as he took my hands, and I looked at him, "You said you're fine, but it's not. I don't know what happened, but I'm always here listening to all your problems."

I looked at my hands as they were intertwined with his. It felt so right. This is what I want to feel. He made me feel things that I knew I wouldn't be able to distinguish. I want him to hold my hands and tell me that this will be alright, but I know better than these feelings are something that will one day destroy me.

"Joon... I'm fine alright... stop looking at me so sadly. I don't even know her at all."

"That is another reason I should care," looking at me deadpanned. Pity is the one thing I hate in people.

I didn't want pity; I didn't want people to pity me since I didn't have a mother. This persona I tried to build. I don't need people pitying me or telling me it will be better. Giving me emotions, a sense of hope, and a hope that everything will be alright.

They wouldn't understand that I want to live in my broken piece, and I'm not going to let anyone try to glue me up with their pity thoughts.

She doesn't even deserve to be remembered.

She was a crucial figure in my life on how many 'mothers day' and mother and daughter bonding times she had missed. She was one of the reasons I don't know if I'll be able to love or feel love anymore.

He stares at me, "Don't worry, as long as she doesn't show up in front of the house, I don't mind. I've grown accustomed to not having her around, so drop it."

I sound so mean right now, but the topic of my mother is something that I don't like talking about, and I wouldn't let anyone, not even Namjoon talk about it.