09

Chapter 9: After Like

               That night, I quickly went out of the house to meet Heeyeong. Leaving Dad a quick text that I had to arrive at her home, I knocked on the door. Without wasting any second, Heeyoung opened the door to greet me, and I was attacked by a sudden bear hug.

"Heeyoung-ah, what's going on?" I asked her as I closed the door. Heeyoung, who was still panicking, could only shake her head. I took her hand and asked her again, "Why are they fighting...?"

"I don't know... I was having a sleepover with Tera. We were doing a project for science before Tera was acting weirdly," she started. "I had asked her what was wrong, and her face says it all. I didn't bother to ask again," Heeyoung told me quickly. "When suddenly Hyejin came crashing inside my house and started shouting at Tera, and by the time I realized they were full-on blowing fuse at each other."

"They're never like that... do you know what might happen?" She shakes her head, nodding.

"I think they are fighting because of the Bangtanboys." My eyes widen in shock. What? What do they have to do with the girls, I thought.

"What? Why would they be fighting about the Bangtanboys?" Wondering if Hyejin and Tera are the closest ones in the group, the troublemaker. They wouldn't just fight because of something so insignificant.

"Okay – where are they?"

"Inside the house, but they stop arguing, but I don't know where they are right now –" she hugs me again, "I don't know what to do..."

"Don't worry, Heeyoung. How about I speak to Tera and you to Hyejin... maybe we can figure out why they are like this." Nodding at me, we're off to pry those two troublemakers.

In the end, the two of them weren't a pretty sight, and Heeyoung didn't know what to do. Ultimately, I brought Tera to my house with my dad's permission.

After we both got settled in my room, Tera slept beside me. She wouldn't say anything as I asked her if everything was alright. If she needed someone to talk to, I'd always be here.

"Tera... I know you don't feel like talking, and to be honest, I could feel like tomorrow will be as awkward as it is at the table, but I'm here to listen. You are all my sisters; we fight, and it's alright. Please tell me so that I can help you," pleading to Tera when she suddenly sobs in my arms, and I hug her. It took her 15 minutes to calm down before she quieted. At times like this, somehow, we just needed someone to listen to our day, and it feels like Tera needed it.