12

Chapter 12: Just like a Panorama

          It was happening so fast that I didn't know what to do. My heart felt like it was trying to hold onto the emotion. But how can you handle all of those emotions?

"He told me he loves me... and I had rejected him and I left him, he had tears in his eyes..." I was full-on sobbing on Tera as she looked at me sadly as she pats me soothingly.

"I was so mean to him, and he had tears in his eyes. I don't think I will be forgiven by him. Even though I was the one who rejected him," emotion was running inside my mind over how broken Namjoon was. He heard my answer, and cowardly, I had retreated. I didn't look back as I was afraid that I might break down crying there. I couldn't look back without running to his arms as I agreed to be his. I was too scared, afraid of falling in love.

"Why are you crying then..." she asked me softly, "Did he cheat on you?" I shook my head hastily, and I looked at her. "He's not the type to do that, right?"

Tera then rubs my back, "I know he isn't. Then what's the problem?"

"I don't know. My heart is a mess. I am mad at myself because I had rejected, but I was also glad I rejected Namjoon because I didn't want to get hurt." I told her truthfully, "Why am I feeling like this?"

"What made your heart hurt? Causing you to doubt yourself, who was ready to say yes?" Tera asked again.

"He implied I might have lied in the letter, Tera. That was something sincere. I've never written a letter to someone I like. He was the first," she looks at me. I told her about the letters and to my shock she knew they had gone out. But it was another story to tell.

"Are you upset that he called you a liar?" I looked at her.

"No... I don't- I'm just frustrated at this point." She looks at me sadly.

"Cut him some slack, Hee. Even the strongest man has a weakness. Maybe he was also not ready for the confession, and it might sound like you're joking, but he knows better than that. What did you do after he confessed? Did you hear his response?"

"No... I ran away because I- I don't know why... I was not ready, I don't know..." choking on my words as I sob again.