12.In My Head

"Painted a picture, I thought I knew you well.. I got a habit of seeing what isn't there..needed something to believe in"

Unknown person's POV

"Where the hell are they?" the leader says to himself. Playing with a pen, sliding through his fingers.
"But we just did the operation today sir.. They might have not even gotten home yet. Who knows what they do for a living" one of his men says rolling his eyes.

He looks down to his shoes thinking ' what have I done??'
The boss laughs hysterically. He gets up from his Chair. Walking towards the prey, he claps loudly and walks slowly.
Now, face to face with his servant. He smiles at him. But this wasn't a good smile.. It was a 'happy death day' smile.
Shakily, his servant takes a few steps back.

"Get rid of him." he snaps to some boys guarding the door.
"Boss, I'm sorry. I didn't mean-

Before he knew it, he's being carried by two strong men. He struggles to set free, he succeeds and runs back to the man. He bends down kissing his shined black boots. The boss smirks at him.

" Please sir. I promise not to make that mistake again. Please" he says still bowing down, almost weeping.
"Pathetic" the boss says rolling his eyes. He raised a week man, he thought to himself.

"Last warning" he says to him coldly. Kicking him of his boots, he turns around to the open view, glancing at the whole city.

I need this money sooner or later.

***
Vera's POV

Now in front of the Kingstons' home, Florence's home. I examine it. 

Glancing up at the estate makes my breath hitch my throat. Its absolutely beautiful. She lives in a mansion? 

Isn't too excessive for just a family of three?

I feel less confident now.
It's bigger than Mrs Jones'. But why will Florence say mine is bigger than hers? Doesn't she know the difference between big and small? Maybe she feels more comfortable in a small home like mine..

She's the only child and her parents spoil her with too much care. Not money, care. She has money but she feels it isn't useful to her. Her Dad is the next in line to be the President of the Central Bank of Nigeria.

There's possibly a chance he can get the money for me.
I was wrong. She can get it, her family can.. My only problem now is how to ask him. He's a busy man and I'm pretty sure he can't just hand money to a stranger.

"Don't worry Vera. He'll understand" Florence says snapping me out of my thoughts of bubble.
"I hope so" I mumble

We both enter and as I imagined, it was way bigger than mine. The inside looks more promising than the outer part of the house. It's has this ancient yet modern look.

The furniture's are spectacular. The interior design isn't the cheap kind. The designer is probably an appreciated one.

It's more like a museum. An expensive and classic one.
It's amazing.

"Florence. Is that you miss Florence?" a timid voice calls from nowhere

Miss Florence? I'm assuming that's her maid.

"I'm right here Mariam. I'm here with a friend" she says
The voice comes from behind, rushing towards us. She's dressed in what British royal maids usually wear. Maybe she was sent from the UK.

"Oh oh, Good afternoon miss?" she says more like a question asking for my name.
Miss?
"It's Vera.. But just Vera, not miss Vera" I say waving her off.
This isn't the time to start getting. Time's running fast.