15.Mentions

"Can't nobody throw shade on your name, you a boss, you're a beast"

Vera's POV

"Looks like she hasn't had a meal for over two weeks!" Florence whispers to me as we all drive in Silence.

I let out a little laugh and push her away.

We've been driving for almost half an hour. This traffic isn't helping at all.
"are you still going to stay over at my place?" Florence says to me but now less in a whisper.

I shake my head at her. "Not at all. Since she's back, I'm going back to my house" I say

Florence pouts her mouth in annoyance.

Sorry.

"How was it anyways? How didn't you get hurt?" She asks

Why does she keep asking questions.
I turn to her smile.
"Goshh I don't even know how I survived it. I was expecting to get a scar or something to show my future grandchildren when they ask. It was super short actually.. Like it never really happened.. The only thing I can really remember is the gun being pointed at my face and gunshots from the sky.. I almost thought it was God and his angels fooling around" I say and smile at the thought of it.

"Weren't you scared? I mean he pointed a gun at you.. " she says curiously

I shrug.

"At first, I was scared. I was almost thinking of running away but there was an 100% chance he was gonna shoot me right away. I just stayed put and then boom! Gunshot started out." I say demonstrating the explosion of the guns with my hands.

She leans closer, fascinated by my 'story'

It's not really something I'm proud to talk about though. It lasted for less than fifteen freaking minutes!

" Whoa" she whispers in excitement

"Okay girls. I'm taking Jones over here to the Hospital. She doesn't feel alright" the police who spoke to me in the beginning informs us as he takes a worried glance at Mrs Jones sitting lazily next to him.

"Is she okay?" I ask getting a bit worried.

"Just a mild fever is what she has. She'll be okay.. Just need to get to the hospital to run some tests that's all" he says making a U-turn.

"Road trip!" Flo says

"Well to the hospital isn't a road trip anyways" I say

"I'm not ready to go home. I didn't put on lip gloss for nothing." she says flipping her hair to my face.

Right.
The lip gloss incident.
Well at least, I didn't waste thirty minutes of my life watching her pick plain gloss.

***
"Alright girls, stay here in the car." the police, Mr Diipo, says as he unbuckles his seat belt.

Really?
Why do we have to wait here like children?

He comes down and rushes to the other side of the car, where Mrs Jones is seated quietly.

He quietly whispers in her ear. He holds her gently for her to come down.

This is weird to watch.

Finally, Mrs Jones finds her feet but he still insists to hold her incase she looses balance.

Finally! They're out on they're way to main door of the hospital.
That was real awkward..

"Hmmm looks like Mr Diipo has a weird crush on your grandma" Flo says nudging my arm.

Well she might be right