13.Plain

"I've been here before. I've seen this room and I've walked this floor."

Vera's POV

"Just pick that t-shirt! It's not that difficult. No wonder you come late to school, you can't even pick the right earrings to wear Flo" I say rolling my eyes at her.

It's my first day with the Kingstons. Florence is really difficult to deal with. It took her thirty minutes to just decide whether to bond her hair or to leave it. Now she's thinking of the kind of top to wear. It's not that hard Flo!

I face slam myself with my palm.

What is she running around for this time?

"Puh-lease Vera, beauty takes time" she says fake fanning herself.
Drama queen.

"What are you even complaining about anyways? You can't even undress yourself in front of me. You just had to go to the bathroom to do that. You even wore your clothes there. For God's sake Vera, I'm a girl too. I have whatever you have" she says still rummaging through her wardrobe.

"It's not my fault" I pause walking to her king-sized bed to lay on it.

"Never really had any female stay with me before..it was really weird anytime Mrs Jones barges into the bathroom while I'm taking a shower. I literally scream at her anytime does that" I laugh at the thought of Mrs Jones teasing me and giving me a lecture about all girls having the same thing.

I miss her.

"What are you saying? I'm literally the only child and I still have no problem stripping naked in front of you. So don't start" she says throwing two t-shirts on my face

"Now. That one or the black one?" she says

I remove the clothes off my face and raise it up in the air.

"Hmmmm. The black one says 'the future is girls' while the green one is just plain. So go for the black one." I say tossing it to her.

"Well you're right. We are the future." she says finally putting it on.

Finally! It took her ages to do that.

"Now! Time to use my lip gloss." she says.

I hope she just has one.

Unfortunately... I was wrong.

She searches her closet to take out a big box. She places the big brown box on the bed. I roll over to where the box is being placed. She opens it and I literally almost fainted.

She could sell this for a fortune! So many kinds of lip gloss!
So many different flavours. There's even a collection of lip balm!

"What flavour should I use today? I'm thinking Peach but it doesn't seem right today"

"or cherry lip balm? Gosh Vera it's really hard to pick the right one today. It's a real special day and I need to look good in front of the kidnappers" she says still searching.

You've got to be kidding me right now! Who knows if she's actually going to make it. Who knows if she doesn't come along.

"Really Flo?" I say

"Uhh duhh I'm representing all teenage girls who've been tormented by these kind of human beings. I'm honoured to stand in for them" she says flipping her braids.

I'll never cease to understand why people like her exist.

"This one? Lavenda oil? Honey?? Help me out here Vera!" she says groaning.

I face slam myself again multiple times.
This is going to be a really long day.

***

"Girls!!" Florence's mum calls from downstairs.

It's been an hour since she finally decided to pick the right lip gloss.
And guess what she picked, she freaking picked the plain one! I mean like what the hell??

We both rush out to answer her.
While Florence was busy picking her lip gloss, I went to eat breakfast half an hour ago.
I guess she's not hungry today.

"Yes ma'am" We both say in Unison

"Your father wants to see you in the study room. Now." she says the last word carefully.
We both nod and walk straight to her Dad.

I hope there's good news.

"We need to leave today." Florence's father says getting up.

That was fast.

"Should I call them now?" I say

"Oh yes, yes. Do that immediately. We need to know how to succeed this rescue." he says handing me the telephone from his desk.

I dial the number and it starts to ring.

I bite my lower lip, running out of patience. I hope this works.

"Hello?" a deep voice says from the other end.

I'm terrified. I look up at the two people waiting for me. They signal me to continue.

"Helloo?" the voice asks again out of patience.

Here we go.

"I have the money" I say

What the actual fuck Vera?

You should have greeted them or something.

I hear the voice laugh from the other end

"I thought you wouldn't call. Was even thinking of getting rid of this old stuff here." he says

What the hell?
He definitely cannot stick to a deal.
It's just the second day and he wants to give all up?
Asshole.

"You must be Vera. Your old lady has been ranting about you all day. I wish I could actually just kill her right now" the voice says. Now in a serious tone.

Suddenly, I'm scared.

"Where should I give you?" I say trying to make this shit real quick.

"Calm down baby girl"

Whoa!
Did.
He.
Just.
Call.
Me.
Baby.
Girl?

Such a fucking dickheaded bastard!
Kinda reminds me of Steve. Maybe he's the one.
I won't be surprised anyways.

"Meet me behind the old airport. No soul must follow you or else forget it. And do not be late." he says and hangs up.

Rude much. He's not the nice kind of Villan.

I look up at both Florence and her Dad. I don't k ow my next move.
"Let's get going" Her dad says handing me the bag of fresh money.
It smells too good.

"But sir... What he said.. He said.. No one should come along" I say

"Forget what he said. What kind of kidnapper will allow everyone to know their plan?? Nothing will happen" he says walking past I and Flo.

We both look at each other. Flo shrugs her shoulders and follows behind. I do the same carrying the bag of money over my shoulders.

God protect me.

Don't forget to vote and comment 📝✨

Ini loves you 💜 ✨ ✨