Chapter 4: Confessions

Ughh my head hurts sooo bad I slowly sit up in the bed I didn't see Jacklyn but I did see some Tylenol and a glass of water on the night stand.

As I was opening the Tylenol package Jacklyn came in and sat on the bed right next to me and hugs me

She leaned closer to my ear she's being really weird.

"HOW'S YOUR HEAD"

" aghhh... Why did u do that"

"Haha seriously though are u good?"

"My head hurts"

We sat in silence for a minute.

"So are we just not gonna talk about what u said last night or do u not remember?" 

Oh I remember alright I was just hoping she wouldn't.

"I don't want to talk about it"

"So what, u found ur mate"

I looked away from her, her saying that made all of the hurt that I ever felt in the situation come back at once.

I quickly wiped the tear from my eye.
Jacklyn grabbed my face In both of her hands.

"Tell me what happened ria, u found your mate right?, Why do u have to hide it?"

I took a deep breath trying to calm down so I could tell her.

" Yes.. I found my mate... He.. he rejected me ...

She gasped and quickly pulled me into a hug.

"when we met he told me to not tell anyone.. he was so mean he pushed me down, he grabbed me by my neck and slammed me against the wall..." She got up abruptly.

"HE HIT U, I'ma kill him I'ma kill him I'ma, who's him?"

" Um it's uh Tobias"

"TOBIAS!!as in Tobias Maya's brother Tobias? "

"Yeah"

" When did y'all meet?"

"The day of the cook out"

"How when u didn't even come outside ohhhh so that's why u didn't come out but wait still how did y'all meet? "

"Well if you'll let me speak, anyways as I was coming down stairs into the kitchen, he was in there. I remember I was soo happy and in a flash I was crushed."  I started to cry again.

" What all did he say that day?.

"That he didn't want a mate and to basically pretend to have never met him"

"Well that would be pretty hard"

"It is, well at least for me"

" He pretends that u don't exist?"

"Well he doesn't acknowledge me as he's mate but we have kinda a couple run ends with each other but other than that he acts like I don't exist."

"What run in?"

"Like he pushed me against the lockers and called me a mutt and one time in the library he kept looking at me"

" Weird but is he the reason why you got drunk last night?"

"Yeah because I seen him making out with a girl and it hurt really bad and he even see me see him"

"Wow"

" But I'm DONE being hurt and being made to the way I'm being made to feel. I'm really gonna start acting like I never met him for ME"

"PERIOD and I'll help u whenever you're feeling sad about it just call me and we can do something to make u feel better"

"Ok"

"Btw who all knows about it ?"

"Well I wrote a letter to Theo and u just now"

"Woow see I knew u loved him more than me "

"Haha shut up I only told him first because I wasn't ready to say it out loud"

" Mhmmm but come down stairs my mom made breakfast "

*********

I checked out my outfit in the mirror
Since my hair was still curly I just put some of it up in a half ponytail. (Outfit up top) 

I came down stairs and sat on the couch waiting for the girls to come get me. My dad was watching a football game while my mom was doing something in the kitchen.

"Hey Dad"

"Hey honey"

"What movie are y'all going to see?"

"Like a boss"

" Nice, do u need some money for snacks or anything?"

"No thanks I got it"

Mya texted me saying that they were here.

"Bye dad they're here now"

"Bye have fun love u"

"Love u too"

As I approached the car I waved to them" hey guys"

"Hey"

"Hey ria"

When I got into the car we started driving. Nia turned down the music some.

"Ok guys first things first I've missed u guys, we only got to hang out by ourselves once since chase met Mya, when need more girl days"

"Right I missed u guys too" I said

"Same and Maria I didn't get to see u at the cookout but I'm glad you're feeling better"

"Thanks I think I just ate something bad a school"

" Oh ok"

"Anyways guys I have some big news ... Me and Max are ... ENGAGED!!!" She showed us her ring it was simple but the diamond was really pretty.

"Omg congratulations it's so pretty"I Said

"Aww I'm so happy for u" Mya  squealed

"thanks u guys, now y'all can't tell anyone only y'all two know about. We want to have a surprise engagement party"

"Ooo that'll be fun" Mya said

"Yeah it would be" I said

for the rest of the ride we talked about the party and what they had in mind about it and the party.

When we got to the movies we payed for our tickets and got our snacks. I got some peanut M&MS with a small Mountain Dew, Nia got Skittles with a small Coke, Mya got sour patch kids with a small Pepsi and then we got a large popcorn to share.