I Want to Hold your Hand - Paul

Nancy's pov
There he is again.

I wonder if he even knows I'm looking at him, that I'm always looking at him. The way his eyes sparkle in the sun or how his fair flops over his face an tickles the top of his head so perfectly. I wonder if he even knows how perfect he is and how much I want to go over and talk to him.
But I can't,
Oh no I could never do such a thing, Just the thought of uttering one word to him makes me feel all queasy with excitement and fear.
He doesn't even know who I am. At least I don't think he does.

Paul's pov
There she is again.

She's always looking at me. Her cheeks all rosy and her freckles scattered across her face. I wonder if she knows she's staring and I can see. I hope she knows how beautiful she is.

I've been dying to go and talk to her but I don't want to get rejected in front of all of my friends. I'd never hear the end of it.
Y'Know what, stuff em. If I never try I'll never know.

Nancy's pov
Oh my, he's getting up. Why is he getting up! Where is he going! He never usually leaves his friends.

"Uh hey Nancy."
He knows my name

"Oh hello Paul." Keep calm"How do you know who I am?"

"Ehm... my friends told me. Its a lovely name Y'Know. Lovely name for a lovely bird." He says smiling and sitting down next to you.

"Thank you Paul. I didn't even know you knew who I was". I started blushing. I could tell.

"Nancy c'mon."

"What?"

"I see you staring at me all the time."
God dammit I've been caught

"You do? Well... I... I didn't mean to-" you started sweating profusely, your hands are getting all warm.

"Nancy calm down, I like it when you stare at me, gives me time to stare back and see your pretty face."

I'm actually about to pass out, this isn't happening.

"Really?" you say, being genuinely concerned that this is all a practical joke between him and his friends.

"Yes really, Nancy I think your really cute. Could I maybe.. well.. only if you want to-"

You cut him off. "I'd love to go on a date with you Paul."

"Great!" His face lit up and you couldn't help but smile as he stood up and threw his hand out to you and swung to your side to help you up from your seat. As you took his hand and walked down the street you looked back at Paul's friends who were all staring at you and smiling, as if Paul had been planning to speak to you, this pretty bird, for awhile.

Okay well there it is!
Theres no real fluff but I'm just testing things out so bare with.
Let me know what ya think and send requests.
-☀️