Birthday 2/4 - George

"D- A - R - L - I - N - G - !"

"WHAT?" I yell through to the living room from the kitchen.

"Come here!"

"Ugh what is it George?" I stumble into the front room to my boyfriends posing with his arms wide open, gesturing towards a massive bundle of presents.

"Happy birthday!" He screams, grinning from ear to ear in accomplishment.

"Georgie did you buy all of those?" I cry in amazement.

"That isn't the point now hurry up and open them before I do it me self!" He picks me up and dashes me to our lavish, velvet couch.

I sink into the plush cushions as George piles gift on top of me.

"Stop it Georgie it hurts" I laugh as he bashes presents into me.

"Open them, open them" he squeals, he's even more excited than me.

I smile at him and then tear open the first gift. Its a beautiful pearl necklace, tiny beads strung along silk.

"Jesus George this looks expensive" I pry with remorseful eyes.

"Christ stop worrying about the price, you're worth every penny" he takes my hand softly and kisses my cheek.

"Oh alright" I laugh coyly.

I open gift after gift, perfume after perfume, dress after dress, until there's only one gift left. It's wrapped in a purple paper, glimmering in the sun. I reach for it and strip it of its lilac coat.

"GEORGE YOU DIDN'T!" I yell in disbelief.

"I did baby" he grins. I can't believe he remembered.

Under the paper was my favourite book ever. 'Pride and Prejudice'.

"George I can't believe you remembered!"

"How could I not? You ramble on about it all the time" he chuckles whilst ruffling his dark hair.

"Thank you so much Georgie" I smile whilst setting the book down to snuggle him.

"Only for you love" he intertwines our fingers and as he hums a tune peacefully.

"What's that you're singing?" I ask.

"Oh... it's just.. Something."