Birthday 4/4 - John

"Babe?" I hear John yell.

"Yes?" I reply with a hopeful glimmer in my eye.

"I'm going out for a drink down the road with the lads" he stands to hug me and puts on his jacket.

"Oh okay" you smile upsettingly.

"Won't be long" he turns the door handle and leaves the house, leaving me cold.

How could he forget my birthday?, he's meant to be my boyfriend. I didn't forget his birthday, I bought him presents and all.

What a dickhead, he's so insensitive. He didn't even look bothered, he actually forgot.

I run to our shared bedroom and slam the door shut, running toward my bed, crashing into the sheets.

I pull the pillow to my face and watery sobs spill from my eyes, profanities cascade out my mouth and into the air, poisoned with anger.

I stand at the window whilst watching couples walk down the street, hand in hand, head over heels in love.

"I bet it's not even their birthdays" I whisper in sadness to myself, surrounded by doubting thoughts.

'Does he love me?'

'Is he just trying to ignore me?'

'I love him, doesn't he know?'

I start almost pinning the blame on myself, maybe it was my fault he didn't remember.

I shake my head to clear my thoughts and decide to take a nap. Hopefully I would wake up a different person in a different world.

Time passes slowly but I manage to drift off to sleep, a few hours pass until I hear johns footsteps down the hall.

"Hello love, mind taking the bins out whilst I go for a shower?" He asks.

"Um sure" I answer bitterly, still pissed but not trying to show it.

I get up and stomp out of the room and down the hall, grabbing bags of rubbish and heading for the door.

I use all my anger to break the door open, I step outside whilst staring at my feet, I take a few steps outside and then lift my head.

My eyes widen in complete and utter shock, my mouth hangs all the way to the concrete floor of my garden.

The whole space was scattered with rose petal and candles, flowers marking a path, Paul, George and ringo standing excitedly. I walk forward slightly into a heart made completely of flowers and spin around taking in my surroundings.

When I turn around nearest to the door I see a very smug and happy John Lennon.

"You really think I'd forget?" He smirks as he steps closer to me.

"I- well- yeah" I chuckle in disbelief.

"Baby how could I ever forget the day my favourite person was born?" He takes both of my hands and nuzzles my nose with his.

"Whats all this for? I would've been fine with a few presents" I laugh again.

"I know you would've but I've only got one gift to give this year" he smiles.

"Okay" he begins. "Since the day I laid eyes on you I knew you were the love of my life, you are the only woman for me and a beautiful, perfect woman at that. Every day I wake up I know I'm with the right person. It feels right, it always feels right and I want it to feel right forever....so"

He gets down on one knee

"John oh my god" I whisper quietly

"Y/N  Y/L/N..... will you marry me?" He declares, pulling out a velvet box with a 10 carat ring inside, sparkling in the light of the candles, a small tear escaping his eye.

I admire him in silence for a second. "Yes John of course I will!" I scream whilst pulling him up and smashing our lips together, smooth and so full of love.

The boys are all cheering and clapping.

We pull apart and he slips the ring on my finger.

"I'll never forget your birthday Mrs Lennon"

X————————————X
Hope it was aight x
-☀️