Part Thirteen

The rest of Alwyn's stay in the med bay went by agonizingly slow. She hadn't seen or heard from Kylo since they kissed and it was starting tick her off. When she asked Hux about it, he wouldn't look her in the eye and stuttered about Ren being busy. Hux knew more than Alwyn did and he and Ren hated each other! Her mood was foul as she stomped back to her room. Kylo's room was right across from here's so she would have to bump into him eventually. Alwyn guessed that their training would start back up soon now that she was healed up nicely. How wrong she was.

When Alwyn woke one morning a few weeks later, there was a note instructing her to be in the training room at ten. 'At least it wasn't taped to my head this time' she giggled. She made it to the room with ease and a happy heart, excited to train. Yes that's what the excitement was about. Training. Definitely not a certain man with a lightsaber. Alwyn entered to see a man that was definitely not Ren. He was tall, blond, and very muscular. He took one look at her and smirked.

"How does Kylo Ren expect you to fight? You'd barely be tall enough to fight a child." Wow, ok, jerk much.

"Speaking of Ren, where is he?"

"I will be handling your training from now on. The commander has better things to do." That stung. Were these Kylo's words? What did she do to make Ren shun her? Needless to say, training did not go well. Alwyn's thoughts were distracting her, letting her opponent land many hard hits around her body. He had even wacked her over the head once to "knock some focus into her dull brain". Alwyn wished she had a blaster so she could shoot that smug grin off his face. She left with bruises covering her body. She was sure the man had cracked one of her ribs. The closer Alwyn got back to her room the more her anger grew. What gave Ren the right to abandon their training? Even if he wanted nothing to do with her emotion wise, he still had a duty as a trainer. And she was going to tell him such. Alwyn moved to open his door but it was locked. She stomped her foot and groaned. An idea struck her and she ran into her room. Emerging a few seconds later with what she needed, she had the door open in minutes.

"Beat that!" She taunted the now open door. She moved to sit on his bed. The room was black like hers and didn't have any decoration. Kylo would have to come to his room eventually and Alwyn would be here when he did.
————————-

After dealing with an annoying General all day, Kylo was ready to escape to his room. He did not expect to enter the room and find Alwyn asleep on his bed. Even though she didn't know it, Kylo had kept an eye on her since her leave of the med wing. He had made the decision to find a new trainer with a heavy heart. Kylo knew he had to distance himself from the girl even though all he wanted to do was never leave her side. Hux had tried and failed to convince Kylo to talk to Alwyn again. He saw how much it upset her to be ignored. The walls that Kylo had built up came crashing down as he looked upon her sleeping form. She looked so peaceful. He slowly backed toward the door, hoping to avoid the confrontation that would eventually happen. In his attempt to creep away, he knocked a book off of his desk. Before he could catch it, it hit the floor loudly. He cringed as Alwyn jerked awake on the bed. Her bright eyes flitted around the room before landing on him. If looks could kill, he would have been dead on the spot.
—————————————
Alwyn's eyes landed on Kylo's face. He looked guilty. Good. His mouth opened and closed but she interrupted him before he could find the words.

"What is wrong with you?!" The ice in her voice shocked her. "I thought that we were friends, maybe even past that point. But a friend doesn't kiss another friend and then not speak to them for weeks!"

"Let me explain-"

"No! You stuck me with a horrible trainer who does nothing but try to beat me to death," Alwyn lifted up the side of her shirt to show him the blue and black bruise that covered her ribs. He grimaced. "The only other person I talk to on this ship is Hux and he's busy most of the time! You left me alone!"

He crossed the room to her and Alwyn stood toe to toe with him. She stared into his brown eyes and tried to steel herself.

"You have no idea why I do what I do. You know nothing!"

"I know that you're afraid to let people in. You push away anyone that gets close because you're scared!" He moved even closer.

"I am afraid. You have no idea what you do to me. I can't sleep because every time I close my eyes you're there. I can't think about how to find the rebels because you're all I think about." Alwyn's breath caught in her throat. There was no way that he felt the same way she did. His eyes grew dark. "You make me feel....you make me feel. I want it to stop. Now." Alwyn took a chance. She closed the remaining space between them and kissed him. He responded immediately and deepened the kiss. This kiss was unlike their first one. It was full of passion and made Alwyn burn in her soul. Her hands buried into his hair to pull him closer. His hands wound behind her head and around her waist, trapping them together. Their lips moved in perfect sync, before they broke for air. They both let out small gasps, as they caught their breath. Kylo leaned his head until their foreheads touched. His eyes held such emotion and Alwyn smiled at him softly. Kylo felt as if there was another presence watching them but he ignored the feeling. He wouldn't let anything ruin this moment.

"I take it I'm forgiven?" Alwyn wrapped her arms around his neck and grinned at him.

"Hmmm, will you start training me again?" He kissed her nose and she giggled like a young school girl.

"I can't keep letting someone else beat up on the girl I love." Alwyn looked deep into his eyes and saw how much love they held. Her heart swelled with joy.

"I love you too."
——————-
A/N
Relwyn has sailed!!
I would love some comments so I can know if the story is liked or if I need to change things. This is my first attempt at writing and I would appreciate feedback😁