Part Sixteen

Kylo wanted to leave. Alwyn struggled to process this new information. He finally had the power and control that he had always wanted and he was willing to give it up for her. The more Alwyn thought about it, the more she loved him.

Their plan was simple. Pack their bags, steal a ship, and try to find the rebellion. All without getting killed of course. The First Order did not take kindly to traitors, even if one of them was currently the Supreme Leader.

Alwyn didn't have much to pack, and neither did Kylo it seemed. Neither one of them wanted to bring anything that would remind them of their past lives. Kylo set his infamous helmet on its final resting place. He sighed and stepped back. Resting a hand on his shoulder, Alwyn turned him to look at her.

"Are you ready?" He studied her face, like he was trying to burn it into his memory.

"Yes." Alwyn smiled. She tilted her head as Kylo's face inches closer to hers. Her eyes fluttered closed but the moment was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"He has the worst timing. Remind me why this is a good idea?" Alwyn giggled at him as she moved to open the door. Phase two of their plan was ago. The door opened to reveal a confused looking General Hux. Hux had never been invited to Kylo's room, the last time Hux was in there he was yelling at Kylo for the whole Corellia incident. Seeing Alwyn open the door instead of the angry Supreme Leader he expected let him release the breath that he had been holding.

"Huxy!" Alwyn pulled him into the room and then into her arms. Alwyn was going to miss the person that had befriended her first when she arrived. That day seemed like years ago, when it had only been a few months.

"Why am I here?" Hux questioned immediately. There was no need to prolong the suspense. Alwyn and Kylo glanced at each other.

"We're leaving." Alwyn said with a wary glance toward Hux.

"I figured." Hux said nonchalantly causing Alwyn's mouth to drop open.

"How- I mean- wha" she stuttered.

"You two aren't the sneakiest bunch. Between the hushed conversations and the packed bags, you're lucky no one else has guessed already." Kylo's mouth quirked up slightly.

"Anyways, we wanted to see if you would come with us. I can't imagine leaving my best friend behind." Alwyn grinned upon at Hux. He sighed.

"I can't. I would never be able to fit anywhere else. This life is the only one I've ever known. Besides, someone will have to keep the First Order off your tail when you leave." Hux could tell Alwyn was disappointed and upset, but she just nodded her head.

"He said you would say that." She nodded toward Ren.

"Well in that case, the First Order will need a leader when I leave," Kylo started, "How does a promotion sound, General?" Alwyn grinned at the complete look of shock on Hux's face.

"Who can keep our tails safe better than the Supreme Leader?" Alwyn joked pushing at a Hux's shoulder. He snapped out of his shock and pushed back lightly.

"True. That is a difficult job." He joked back. He sobered up quickly.

"I'm going to miss you, Alwyn." He watched Alwyn's eyes grow misty.

"I'm going to miss you too, Huxy. But we will see each other again. I feel it." She hugged him tightly.

"Now, let's see about stealing you a ship." Hux grinned uncharacteristically at the pair.
——————————-

Stealing a ship had been much easier than expected. There had been only one trooper on guard duty. You would think they'd be more cautious than that. Hux had distracted him easily, and with a last wave at him, Alwyn and Kylo had boarded and took off in the small ship. Once they were out in open space, Alwyn felt like a weight had been lifted from her shoulders. They were free. She turned to Kylo who was busy setting a course. She loved how peaceful he had seemed ever since Snoke's death.

Alwyn looked back at  their bags, which held a few extra sets of clothes, her blaster, and Kylo's lightsaber. Kylo had considered leaving it behind, but figured it served better as a reminder of where he had come from. She thought back at the past few months. Alwyn was no longer a simple girl from Taurus who couldn't remember her past. She had become a fighter. And with Kylo's help, she would become a trained Force user. Alwyn had faced Supreme Leader Snoke and she had won. Though the First Order was still a threat, Alwyn hoped Hux could turn them in a better direction. 

Alwyn caught Kylo staring at her out of the corner of her eye. He had finished setting the auto pilot and had been studying her.

"What?" She giggled at him. He pulled her close to him and pressed his lips to hers. Alwyn still marveled at how well they fit together, as if in all the designs of the universe, they were meant to find each other.

"You're the greatest risk I've ever taken." Kylo told her before he kissed her lightly again. "And the greatest reward." Alwyn pressed her forehead against his.

"You are so cheesy." He chuckled at her statement.

"Only for you."

Alwyn moved back into her seat.

"So where are we headed, Kylo?" He turned toward her with a soft grin on his face.

"Home." He said warmly. "And call me Ben."

————————
AHHH! It's finished! Thank you so much for following along on Alwyn's journey!!! Hope you enjoyed this simple story! Don't forget to comment! Until later❤️