Part Fifteen

The memories that flooded Alwyn's mind shook her to her core. She had lived with her mother, and never knew of a father. As she grew older, Alwyn felt this pull within her that seemed to connect her to everything around her. Slowly this connection grew. Things would fly off shelves when she was angry or upset. If Alwyn wanted something and she concentrated hard, it would come to her. These small things worried her mother as she knew what the Force was. When Alwyn was sixteen, her mother sent her away. Her mother didn't abandon her but instead sent her to someone that could help. Luke Skywalker. He had decided to train the new generation of Jedi and Alwyn was to be one. Alwyn hadn't been on the green island long, not even having time to meet other students. Master Skywalker had been testing her abilities with the Force when he realized just how much power she had within her. Fearing an incident like his father, he knew something had to be done and quickly. Studying ancient Jedi knowledge, he found a way to put a block in an untrained Force user's mind. The block would separate the Force from the person, making them unable to tap into it. It had been used in the past to punish Force users who threatened to turn to the dark-side. He did it one night while Alwyn was sleeping. She felt as if a part of her had been ripped out. Feeling so betrayed by a person that was supposed to help her, she left the island. She stole a ship and left for the nearest planet. She vowed that she would find a way to break the block and recover her connection with the Force. Alwyn travelled for the next five years, taking small jobs on trader ships and freighters, trying to find someone with the right information. She had been on a scavengers ship when the pilot lost control and they crash landed. Her memory was wiped, leaving her with no recollection of the Force or the block. Until now.

"I remember. I remember everything." Her wise eyes found the worried gaze of Kylo. As her memories returned so did her connection with the Force. It flooded her veins like a drug, and she finally felt whole. The Supreme Leader easily broke Skywalker's mind block. Snoke's chuckle brought their focus back to him.

"Now that you know who you are, join me. I will train you to become the most powerful being the universe has ever seen."

"What's he talking about Alwyn?" Kylo grasped her hand in his. She shook her head signaling she'd fill him in later. Alwyn was waging a war in her mind. If she joined him, she could have her revenge on the backstabbing Luke Skywalker. But that would mean she would be under the control of Snoke and Alwyn couldn't begin to imagine the terrible things he'd make her do. She couldn't hurt innocent people. All she wanted to do was escape and be with Kylo.

"I will never join you!" She hardened her gaze and glared into Snoke's black beady eyes.

"Foolish child!," he raised his hand and Alwyn's breath was cut off. An invisible hand was lifting her off the floor and choking her.

"No!" Kylo yelled as he struggled against a force holding him back.

"You may have great power child, but you are untrained. You are nothing without me. Who will train you? Skywalker? He is the one who abandoned you in the first place!" Snoke growled.

Alwyn's vision was darkening as she struggled against the invisible force. She pushed back in her mind and felt the hold lessening. Alwyn closed her eyes and pushed into Snoke's mind. The invisible hand jerked from her throat as the Supreme Leader tried to block her. She fell to her knees but continued to push past his walls. Alwyn felt the power within her grow as she ripped through his mind not sparing anything. She didn't know exactly what she was doing but she knew she had to make sure he could never hurt anyone again. A shriek echoed through the room and Alwyn ripped her eyes open. Snoke was clawing at his head as blood dripped from his eyes. Alwyn and Kylo watched as the Supreme Leader went still and stopped breathing. Alwyn gasped in shock and tears filled her eyes. Kylo slowly approached her with his hands spread out, as if to not scare her. He crouched beside her but didn't touch her. Alwyn couldn't meet his eyes and she jumped into his arms sobbing.

"I-I didn't m-mean to kill him!" Kylo petted her hair gently.

"I know. I know. It's okay."

"I just wanted to make sure we'd be safe." He took her face in his hands and wiped away her tears. He sighed. He had no idea what would happen now. Killing the Supreme Leader would have serious repercussions. Unless...

"It will be alright, Alwyn. I have a plan."
———————-

Kylo Ren had taken the job of Supreme Leader. The other officers were either to terrified or smart enough to not question his rise to power. And though Kylo thought he would be happy to be in complete control, he found his heart was heavy. He had barely seen Alwyn since he took control and Hux was acting decent. Ren's world was turning upside down. After Snoke died, Kylo found he had less reason to want to destroy the rebels. They were his family in a way. His mother was leading them alongside his father. It was as if a cloud had lifted from his mind and Kylo was seeing everything clearly for the first time in a while. But with this new freedom came immense guilt and shame. How many innocent people had he killed under Snoke's guidance? Kylo knew he couldn't do it anymore. He couldn't stay here.

Then there was Alwyn. She unburied the light in him that he had tried to hide. Kylo had hated the last remaining tie to the light in him and had tried to squash it with anger. Her presence lifted his spirits. Kylo had started to make peace with some of the wrongs he had committed. If Alwyn, a girl filled with light even in the midst of darkness, could forgive him then Kylo could forgive himself. They would have to leave. Kylo was sure Alwyn would want to leave the place of evil that she had been kept in for so long. A new plan started to form in Kylo's head.
———————

A/N
Getting close to the end of the story!! Stressful! Thanks to all readers! Don't forget to comment and star!!