prologue (1)

part 1.

nini salazar roberts

there is no other word to describe nina salazar roberts other than exceptional. east high's perfect girl, the clever kid, the smart one as some used to say. Student Body President, straight-A student, part time cheerleader and the teachers worst nightmare.

from an early age, up until today, she had learned to be the best. no matter what. she discovered that if you worked hard enough and had sufficient charisma, you could get basically anything you wanted. and she did, she escalated that stupid metaphoric social ladder. in the blink of an eye, she became one of the best students in the school, while maintaining a good physical activity and a quite acceptable social life.

even with her tiny physique and her golden-brown hair, normally slicked back in a high pony she knew she owned that place.

she wasn't that popular either, she partied occasionally when her schedule allowed her too. and she had her solid group of friends, supporting her and loving her in the best way possible, for better or for worse.

however, even though her life seemed perfect the only thing she longed the most in the world was escaping her life in the tiny city. she wanted to leave, she didn't want to bother bickering with her moms again or have to deal with small-minded people everywhere she looked, and she wanted to grow.

so since freshman year, she set a goal, a bigger plan: Yale University.

she had obsessed over that school for as long as she could remember. and even imagined herself going to classes and living her life to the fullest.

nonetheless, deep down she felt discouraged by the fact, that nothing held her back to her hometown, and somehow it would keep being this bitter memory hidden in the back of her mind.

senior year was coming to an end, her mind was focused and her goal was set. what could go wrong ? she already had one foot in a plane. or so she thought.