16

gosh! hello! lu here !
i originally posted this au on twitter but decided to publish here too!!
i'm overwhelmed with all the love and reception this story has had!! it really makes me so so happy.
you're comments make my entire day! i'll try to update as fast as i can.
hope you're having a good day / night ♡
if you want to talk i'm @longslvs on twt.
enjoy ! 

——— ✰  ———
nini was getting ready for carlos and seb to pick her up since ricky and the rest had warmups an hour before. nini felt her hands shake, she had no reason to be anxious or scared, "shake it off" she said to herself.

she finished putting on a subtle makeup and got herself ready, then he heard the vibration of her phone, they were here.

her hair was still a little messy from the shower and her curls were starting to form, she grabbed her necklace to put in on later and remembered the infamous jacket. she put it on after what felt forever and instantly felt him all over her. a little hint of his cologne was left in his precious letterman. so before she went out, she sprayed her vanilla perfume all over it.

she said goodbye to her moms without overthinking it, they had done all the work due, and at the end, applications were already sent. so, she grabbed her stuff and left the house.

her friends started to make a show while she walked to the car, and she twirled wearing ricky's precious thing.

"look at mrs bowen, that thing looks good on you, damn girl," she laughed at the comment and hoped into the car.

"shut up los, and i can't wait until they see me there," they quickly got to the school and went to the bleachers, where many people started arriving and interacting with each other. she felt the stares, none other than his arch-enemy was currently wearing his jacket. she didn't know if she felt embarrassed or proud. she focused on the field, it was beautiful, perfectly cut and painted just so the players could destroy it all.

"is it true what i'm seeing!! miss salazar at a football game??" ashlyn dramatically laughed, putting one hand on her head.

"wearing richard bowen's jacket, let's not forget," seb chipped in.

"so does this mean y'all fucked or..."

"shut up!" she cried in embarrassment. "as if i had time for a boyfriend, or emma allowing it," she rolled her eyes dismissively. "i was just cold the night of the party, that's all. plus you all know i'm leaving everything behind after this year is over, well except you too who are coming with me,"

"you may not see it, but we do and so does he," carlos said. "you think?" she asked feeling tingles in her stomach.

then his figured appeared, taking off his helmet to look her for. then he waved and nini started walking down while carlos whispered something. "i know," he chuckled. "we all know."

"you made it!" ricky happily smiled to her, "and someone is looking very nice,"

she rolled her eyes and smiled, "i'm here," he took another look at her, stunning as always, but something was missing, and he couldn't determine what. "and ready to see if you can walk the talk,"

"trust me, when you're around i can do anything," he winked, but before she could respond he was gone, and the game was starting.

after a very exciting game, it was finally coming to an end, the team was down by a few points, the only chance was a touchdown. then nini just looked at ricky, he truly was the best, so she closed her eyes and wished for the best.

two minutes later, a loud ring was heard in the field, it was over.

---

wining plus text

ricky threw the ball across the field, ej had to catch it and run, one play, a few seconds and it would be all over.

suddenly, time stopped, for the second time in a row, the team had made it to the finals, lead by ricky, they had won the first step before the finals.

nini's eyes darted to ricky's, he was the happiest she had ever seen him, this was his drug, the energy, and buildup. his grin adorned his face and felt the pats on his back as he walked his walk of fame. she winked at him and made him laugh, mouthing a soft "congratulations".

loud cheers and hugs were shared in the field, every one filled with the adrenaline and excitement high. then, after the team had finally saluted the losing players, the group went down to congratulate the winners.

"hey keep it pg-13 there," cried carlos when he saw ej crush gina in a kiss, both excited their senior year was going to end this way. they felt on cloud nine, happy to say less.

"congrats you guys!!" ashlyn and seb took a big hug at the sweaty guys in front of them. "okay, you're sweaty that's enough." both back down, while nini just stared the scene behind with adoring eyes. patiently waiting for her turn to congratulate mister quarterback.

then the rest made way for both of them, letting a little space for the love birds.

nini smirked looking at the boy, who's ego was inflated by his recent accomplishment. "so, bowen, turns out you can walk the talk,"

"i told you, with you up in the bleachers, i'm invincible," he stood tall in front of her, smirking back at the brunette. "oh shut up you narcissist,"

then she crashed her body with his, yet again both giving an affectionate hug. he felt home, as he always did when he held her. "congrats ricky, that was incredible," she whispered in his neck and felt him pulling her even closer.

they looked at each other for a minute and their eyes slowly shifted to their lips, so close yet so far, but they were interrupted by a very annoying sound.

"BOWEN come here!" ej shouted with force, waving at his team and the coach who were waiting for him.

"i'll be back and i'll get you home," she laughed and let him join his friends while she stayed with the group.

"so you two were about to kiss? right in front of my salad?" carlos sarcastically commented while hugging his boyfriend.

"CARLOS! let them have their moment, you had your honeymoon face," kourt replied, defending her very happy best friend. nini just laughed, she couldn't understand how fast things had went, suddenly she hated him then she-

her thoughts were cut by her phone vibrating, she took it out and saw the notification, her face dropped, this was bad news, and this was the worst timing.

she took a deep breath to control the situation and put her head high. "guys, can you tell ricky i'll wait for him in his car, see y'all monday,"

she kept a steady pace until she reached the car, as she felt her hands shake. she could never have her moment. ricky came quickly after all, and she hoped in the car as if nothing had happened. it was ricky's moment to be happy, and she was not about to ruin it.

"everything okay neens? you've been a little weird since i went to the lockers, did something happen?" he said with a concerned tone, trying to understand her.

"it's nothing, we're celebrating you tonight," she couldn't control the small tear that came out of her eye. "hey hey, talk to me," they were parked in front of her house.

"it's my sister, she's coming back a week earlier, and she didn't tell moms," another tear escaped and felt his hand cup her face. she didn't want to talk and he didn't want to pressure her either.

"look at me, you're going to be okay, plus if you ever need to escape you know who to call, i have cookies," he cleaned the small tears with his thumb and kissed her forehead.

"ricky, thank you, for everything, and congrats," she opened the door and left his jacket behind in his seat.

he walked her to the door and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "goodnight beautiful,"

he went back to his car, picturing yet again nini in his jacket, it looked better on her anyway.