epilogue

at last, after a few months since i published this story on twitter, here we are, the end of my little love project i never expected to release and for all of you to like.

thank you for reading, for commenting, and for showing some love to my passion. writing has always been important and the feedback i've got is amazing to put it simply.

hope you loved and found comfort in my version of rini in this alternative universe, which initially wasn't going to be as long; i hope you fell in love with these characters as much as i did.

and yes, i have a sequel to this story, but i'm not entirely sure if i'll ever post it.

most importantly my friends, who pushed me into publishing and writing this piece.

and finally, again, thank you, thank you,  thank you.

and happy new year ! since i'm publishing this the second day of 2021.

here's the last of these two, enjoy.

....

after the commotion of pictures, family, friends, teachers the group found themselves at ej's house, having a chill night together, to conclude the eventful day.

a bittersweet smile planted in all of their faces, knowing in a few weeks, everyone would be packing or leaving the city, ready to start the next chapter of their lives, far away from each other.

call it fate, but today had been plenty of deja vus for nini, starting with room 205 ending with them sitting on ej's patio with the sunset in front.

the golden sun highlighted her now rosy cheeks, tired but smiling nini after one of the best days in her life.

laughing along with him and their best friends, downing whatever alcohol was left in ej's house.

two weeks later

"you look cute stressed," he commented as he laid in her bed watching her pace around her bedroom deciding whether or not to pack her summer clothes.

"said no one ever bowen," she said letting out a sigh, pouting, full-on knowing the effect on him.

"just think about it, in two days you'll be in Connecticut, unpacking your dorm, meeting your new roommate, enjoying the last days of summer. everyone will be so worried about themselves no one will notice if you wear a plaid or floral dress. i promise."

so they spend the whole afternoon together, bickering and eating (cupcakes, duh) and being couply.

after they had dinner, they both went back upstairs to her room, to watch a movie before saying their goodbyes, well, see you later, after all,he got a scholarship at Yale.

she stumbled drunkenly into his arms and fell into her bed, making a mess of her hair and getting tangled up in one another.

"i'll miss you neens," he smiled at her stroking her hair falling into a more comfortable position.

she shifted to look at him better moving her head upwards to put support in his chest.

"it's just a week ricky, we'll be fine," she said simply, grabbing his hand on the way.

she readjusted herself on his chest allowing her breaths to sink falling into a steady rhythm enjoying each other's company.

"what if i fall asleep here, your moms would kill me," he said into her hair.

half asleep already she mumbled. "let them, i'm leaving for Yale tomorrow." he chuckled surprised but happy at this new shown attitude and confidence.

he kissed her forehead, slowly drifting to sleep.

they're leaving to Yale, together, and everything seems right. she seems right. and he couldn't be happier, having the girl he loves in his arms ready for the next chapter of his life.

---

the end.......? or just the beginning ?

thank you. hope you enjoyed bittersweet.

december 29th 2020, underneath my backyard lights.