26

hello guyz!

author here, sorry for the long-awaited update, as i posted in my conversations tab my school os keeping me busy and i've sorta lost a little bit of motivation writing. 

i'll try and do my best to finish this little project. again, your comments and stars really keep me going and motivate me so so much. 

thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for the support. 

okay now let's get back to the story... 

--- 

the last few months were upon the seniors, in between letters of rejection, acceptance packages, and many tears all the students were enjoying the last bits of their high school. 

cheerleader season was over, the guys had finally won states, and the last score test was handed out. 

in the life of a teenager, during the first 17 years of their lives, the only thing they know is school every day. and yet, all their known universe was coming to an end in a month or so. 

nini was going to yale, ej was going to UCLA, gina was following ej to LA following her dreams as a dancer and model. and ricky, well, nini didn't know and in all honesty, it was a question she had been wondering since spring break. 

he hadn't mentioned anything about college since march after the finals, and every time she tried to touch on the subject, he found a way to avoid the subject and divert the conversation to not talk about their future. 

the answer she always received was "i'm trying to enjoy the moment, you know, carpe diem or something." 

she didn't want to push him to talk about it, after all, it was a touchy subject and it reminded her this little fairytale was meant to end as quickly as it began. 

prom was right around the corner and the girls had been trying to find the best dresses for their senior prom. 

the mall was busy and gina, ash, kourt, nini, and special guest carlos were looking around to find their dresses. 

all of them had chosen different styles and different colors. but nini didn't seem to find the one for her. 

 all the girls were over the moon, with their puffy fancy dresses ready to party all night without a care in the world. nini on the other hand had as usual too much in her mind to pay that much attention to what dress to wear. 

in the middle of their mall adventure, she got a text from someone who got her attention. 

suddenly she became a little bit distracted while gina was trying to show her an array of dresses. and carlos trying to get her off her phone. 

then she finally decided to try on a beautiful and simple gold dress, flowy and fitting in all the right places. 

she looked stunning, a mix of elegance and grace fitted her thanks to her dress. for once she didn't feel small, or too much. it felt right. 

"nini, you look.." 

"breathtaking," a male voice said behind their shoulders, a tall caramel-skinned boy looked at nini. 

the group of friends just watched the interaction between nini and the mysterious boy with their mouths open. 

"erm, nini," kourtney said trying to catch the attention of her best friend who was currently completely mesmerized in the eyes of the boy. 

"oh my, sorry guys, this is theo, an old friend of the family, that came to visit from new york because her sister is graduating as well," nini finally announced as she finished her long hug. 

"hey everyone," declared theo still holding nini by the waist. 

"he just came by to say hello and "approve the dress" or whatever," she smiled at her friends. 

the boy looked nothing like ricky, a  little taller, stronger and somehow the glasses made him look older, wiser. he was in his 20's probably, just a freshman in college at most. 

he said his goodbyes and left nini after a peck on the cheek,  just to find everyone looking confused towards her. 

"oh honey you have so much to explain," screamed carlos after the boy had left the shop. 

"he's just a friend, nothing else," she said moving towards the changing room, to put her clothes back and buy the dress once it for all. 

"he didn't seem to treat you like one neens," commented ashley, intrigued by what just had happened. 

"he's here for his sister, they're going to prom with us, just relax." 

"i don't think this is going to play well with bowen." carlos whispered to gina as they exited the shop. 

prom was going to be interesting..