29

sooooo to much of a cliffhanger? 

you finally know more about Theo, and prom has just stared, and let me tell you things are about to get interesting. 

don't forget to star and comment! now, let's go!

-lu 

-- 

nini felt ricky's body behind her swaying to the loud music. she felt sweaty and all her senses were overstimulated. the special juice was finally hitting its maximum effect before dissipating from her body. she was having fun colliding with the boy behind her and all their friends around. 

then, she felt ricky's hands move from her lower back to her waist, turning her around so their eyes could meet. 

"hey you," she whispered into his lips letting the music guide their movements. without hesitation, he pulled her closer grabbing her face leading her. 

nini allowed him, and let go. their mouths clashed melting into a kiss. her hands went up his curls trying to repress the feeling deep in her stomach. he made her go wild, ignore her instincts, and get lost in his mouth. 

he stopped, testing her by kissing her jawline, making her chuckle. "we're in public bowen,"

he just kept going ignoring her comment and laughing it off against her cheek. "i couldn't care less." he finally latched to her neck making sure to leave a mark after. 

then, the music started to change, another rhythm into the dance floor. she pulled away causing a grin to escape his mouth. he took his hand leading him to their table. 

"someone was excited out there uh," she laughed getting water. 

"hey i was just enjoying the night with my lady, also coronation is coming up, ej and gina are probably gonna be king and queen, but i have something to tell you, it's sorta important"

"is everything okay ricky?" she said putting her glass down adjusting her dress. 

"believe me everything is more than okay neens, you just have to wait for a bit" he winked at her inviting her once again to the dance floor. 

the night was flying through, every single one of them enjoying the special night. taking turns in between dance groups and couple dances. everyone was having fun. 

however, nini couldn't ignore the glare she had received all night. she could tell he felt jealous deep down, even if deep down they both had buried the feelings they once had felt. she wished thee to keep controlled and surely not seen by ricky. 

nini had left the dance floor to go to the bathroom, to retouch her makeup and refresh herself. gina went along with her conscious that all eyes were going to be on her during the coronation. 

"someone's been having fun," said gina applying more mascara. "bowen is clearly having fun"

nini just laughed and hid as well as she could the tones of red appearing on her cheeks. the music started to quiet down meaning the principal's speech was coming up telling the girls to go back. 

however, nini wasn't expecting theo standing at the door waiting for her.  gina kept going allowing nini to have some space. she started making her way to ej who was most likely waiting in front. 

"are you avoiding me roberts?" the raspy grown-up theo said to her. he had never looked this good, suit on, hair cut and a mature university aura following him. he shifted his body to place her between him and the wall. 

she kept thinking of ricky, this was wrong but she didn't know what to do. it was the first time two boys had ever shown that much affection towards her. 

"t, you know i'm not, i'm with ricky," he chuckled sarcastically at her comment feeling somehow superior to him. 

"a few days ago, you told me you were just seeing him, no labels, technically you're not his girlfriend," he said getting closer to her. 

nini put a hand in his chest pushing him away, as much as she cared about him, her heart wasn't with him no longer. 

"theo, you know how much you mean to me, but we settled this a while ago, we can't keep playing this game, it's over." 

while this was happening ricky was wondering where she was, gina had returned and was about to go on stage but nini was nowhere to be found. 

before gina could go on stage ricky asked where she was. "she stayed back near the entrance, i think she was talking with a friend"

ricky turned around getting through the crowd to reach the back of the gym, looking for her near the entrance. 

however, what he wasn't expecting was finding her pinned against the wall with no other than theo leaning in her ear. 

she finally pulled him away laughing at the sarcastic comment he had just made the air less tense. after all they were just close friends. and he wasn't a total playboy. 

but ricky read the whole situation differently and after they finally locked eyes, ricky started to turn around. 

nini ran a little to catch him mid gym, hearing in the back the voices of gina and ej announcing the next set of music. 

"ricky! wait, ricky," she tried screaming to get his attention. he had arrived at the wrong time. 

"bowen stop" she finally but her heel down ignoring everything. 

"what nini, what could you possibly explain, when i asked gina where you were and she told me you were with a friend, i didn't think the boy that had touched your ass was whispering things to your ear," he finally said frustrated and hurt. 

"what? he was just whispering a joke because we couldn't hear anything, and he didn't grab me earlier he was just saying hello, and he is my friend ricky, nothing else," she tried reaching him, to explain the situation. 

"well, too late, and i can't be mad right? we weren't official anyway, oh wait, i was about to ask you to be my girlfriend and told you i loved you, but i guess you were too busy getting cozy with this friend,"

she stood there wordless, taking in all of what he had just said. the situation was a mess and the loud music and people behind them didn't make it easier. 

"forget it nini, falling for you was a mistake."

he started walking away towards the back entrance, evidently avoiding everyone in the party. 

nini tried grabbing his hand but he had gotten lost among the crowd. 

nini's head went overboard feeling her anxiety reach new levels. what had just happened? her head was spinning and she ran. 

she passed theo in the way. as her salty hot tears started to run down her face. 

meanwhile, ricky went the other way trying to hold back the tears and screams inside him. 

he grabbed his keys and got into his car. screaming into his wheel. he kept repeating the words he had said to her, regretting half of them. 

after all, he didn't even gave her a chance to explain. he was hurt and jealous, his blood raging seeing her in another guy's arms. 

"fuck this." he said turning the engine on, driving away from all the lights and music. he wasn't thinking cleary and he had to get far away.