11

nini wandered off, her head was cloudy and her emotions were a mess. her head was pounding and a migraine was starting. now she remembered why she didn't drink. her vision was a blurry and she could only hear muffled voices in the back.

yet something she was sure off was the bitter feeling of seeing ricky was that girl. she didn't understand why but she felt all her air taken away. a pain in her stomach, reminding her yet again she wasn't enough. she still hadn't figure out what she felt regarding ricky.  he couldn't feel the same. fuck nini. she had seen him make out with a girl when he was the one who insisted on coming.

she held her necklace tight and help up her tears. what are you doing to me ricky bowen? her mind couldn't stop turning and somehow he always ended up in her thoughts. she just wished someone got her out of this labyrinth. why couldn't she fly away as the butterflies did?

she was exhausted and that little talk with ricky left her even weaker. she just wanted to get far from that house and deal with this mess later.

she stumbled drunkenly into the house again hoping to be ignored by her friends. she started walking towards the door, but couldn't help the notice the stares coming all around her. she isn't that interesting to look at.

when she finally reached the door she realized why everyone was looking at her. fuck. she was wearing his varsity jacket. helpless, she opened the heavy door looking for an exit.

"hey hey, where do you think you're going, missy," she recognized the voiced and groaned. "what the hell do you want jake," she turned back to see the tall blonde boy looking at her.

"damn why so spicy glasses, rough night? he was none other but her ex-boyfriend, or might i say the first boy who had broken her heart. they were kids, reckless and stupid rushing a relationship just for the feel. they ended up on good terms but drifted after sophomore year when everything when wrong with her family.

"first of all, we agreed to never call me that way, and secondly do i really look that bad?" she sighted adjusting the jacket. "aren0t you supposed to be with your girlfriend?" she kept trying to keep it cool, and not reveal her state, but after a few months of the relationship, he learned to read her quite well. "she's on a family trip and i just wanted to greet gina, i was going home anyway," she kept concentrating in a little flower in the grass, she was way too wasted.

"however i should be asking the questions glasses because you're clearly drunk and upset about something," he looked up finding her eyes. "and by assumption you were, what? walk home?"

she knew everything he was saying was true, everything bout this situation was wrong. but the only thing she could do is walk home. "sooooo, since you are going home, i was hoping i could get a ride?" he just laughed pulling the keys of his car from his jeans. "still a smart girl huh?" she just nodded, she never lost a chance of being clever.

once in the car, he noticed how silent she was, believe him, she was never quiet. "penny for your thoughts glasses?"

she huffed, the effect of the alcohol was slowly going away. "c'mon, we used to tell each other everything, plus you know you can trust me." she finally looked up and kept her view straight ahead. "the truth? i let my feelings control me, and as expected i lost, again." he let her continue seeing the annoyed tone she was implying. "you know, after you i promised i wasn't gonna let a boy control my thoughts, but ugh, your species is just infuriating." he laughed at the comment and took the turn to her house.

"heyyyy, don't generalize, you know not every guy is a dick, we've already debated this." she laughed it off.  it was always fun with jake, he was careless but with a sweetheart and always wanted the best for her.

"thanks for the ride," she said unbuckling her seatbelt.  she jumped off his car and realized how cold the night actually was. she snuggled closer to the jacket she was wearing.  and then it hit her once again,  his sweet and fresh smell impregnated everywhere.

"you're welcome, and glasses, next time don't hide the fact that you're wearing the quarterback's jacket"