27

everything exploded in nini's brain, the loud music, sweaty bodies, phones exploiting with notifications, and him walking away. it was as if everything moved in slowed motion and she couldn't do anything. she had lost all control.

so she did the only thing she knew what to do, run.

and she did, she snatched her phone off the table and ran as fast as she could ignoring her friends calling her, theo trying to hold her back and the distant music blasting from the speakers.

her mind kept rerunning the words he had said to her, over and over again, she felt the air leaving her lungs as she ran through the school hallway. the big and tiring hallway she was so used to. she couldn't breathe anymore, so she stopped and removed her black heels so she could run faster.

then she pushed the big doors and took the first summer breeze in. she had fucked up, big time. she finally released a breath she didn't know she was holding, and let her tears pour out. all the frustration finally escaping her tiny body.

she sat down in one of those cold green chairs as the moonlight illuminated her now wet cheeks, wiping away all the makeup kourtney had spend hours doing. she felt the mascara stain her cheeks and her foundation getting splattered by the fallen glitter.

she was a mess, she had lost control, of herself, of him, of her friends, and all the situation. for once, nini salazar roberts, had lost control and couldn't manage a situation. so she allowed herself to take this all in, and take all the tears out. at last, she could breathe. she finally looked up, smiling the fresh air and letting out a chuckle, for once, laughing at her problems.

then, she felt a presence behind her. she didn't want to see anyone, but right now, she needed someone to hold her.

"hey, you" she didn't have to look back to know who was behind, so she just shifted to open a small sitting place right beside her.

she felt her tears fight in her eyes, her feelings overwhelming her yet again. she sighed as two arms took her shaking body, sinking into their chest slowly letting all the emotions out again.

"look at me, it's okay, he's just insecure when it comes to you, he had never felt this way about anyone neens. you made a stupid mistake, it doesn't mean you can't fix it. plus, you still have a few weeks left before graduation and yale. so don't waste time in the future but focus on the present babe. he's there, we're here, and most importantly, you're here, making everyone proud. and you know if you fall we'll catch you. don't be afraid to fall, because you know you can get up again. even if it all becomes a little bittersweet, you'll be okay"

she hugged her tighter, finally taking control of herself again. "i'll miss you gina, so goddamn much, i'll have to kidnap you from LA." both girls laughed it off and finally stood up the cold bench.

"i have to fix this gi, i have to find him." "c'mon i have spare sneakers in my car. plus he texted me before storming off. you know ricky, he always goes to his safe place when something bad happens. i'll give you a ride."

---

hey everyone! very small update for today because i want to write big two chapters for prom night!

PSA THIS IS A FLASH FORWARD. meaning this happens after prom. everything will be explained in chapters 28/29!

get really really excited for it. comments and stars will get you those chapters soon ;)

any guesses on what prom might look like?

-lu