Chapter 23

Momo's POV
"H-Heechul!" I raised my voice in shock seeing a childhood friend that I haven't seen in so long. I ran towards him and gave him a big tight hug as his scent catched my attention.

"Momoring!, I missed you!!" Heechul patted my head and gave a warm smile. "I missed you too!" I replied as i gave him a look with puppy eyes. "Ah! Sanaaa! Dahyun! Come hereee~" I looked back and they both came to our direction.

"You remember Sana right?", He nodded his head and waved at her. "This is Dahyun" I pointed at her with a smile, "My friend."

"Nice to meet you!, I'm Heechul." He said as he offered his hand towards Dahyun and she gave a sweet, soft smile. Why is my heart beating too fast?

Chaeyoung's POV
I really like Mina, Don't I?, She really makes me feel things and she really gives me happiness like no other. But the thing is, She has a boyfriend. I can't compete with that.

I threw myself to bed, letting out a big sigh as I pulled my phone out of my pocket. I smiled and I felt my heart beating fast as I saw a picture of Mina and I wearing a big smile on our faces. 'She's too pretty, I can't take it'

I squealed and I can't stop acting like a kid as I keep rolling all over the bed filled with excitement and happiness that I feel with Mina.

Fangirling aside, My world and everything stopped as I heard a notification from my phone, It was Mina. "Hi Chaeyoung-ahh, How are you? Are you safe?
Talk to me, I miss you! 🥺"

I read the text with a huge smile painted on my face as I felt my face and body heating up. I swear to God, What are you doing to me Minaaa!

I can't stop looking and staring at the message but can't find the right words to respond. I mean, I don't wanna look dumb and I atleast wanna look chill, right?

"Hey Mina, I'm feeling good now that you've messaged me!" Wait no that's too weird.

"Hey, I'm too busy, can't talk." What am i doing ??

"Hi Minari! I'm feeling good and yes i'm safe!
How about you? any updates about you? I miss you too! ❤️" There! That's better i guess..

I hit send and threw my phone as I was too nervous and anxious to what she would respond. Was my message too overrated? Was it too boring? dull?

Ding! All my thoughts were cleared and I rushed to check her response, but it was just my Mom. "Hi Honey! When are you and your sisters visiting? We miss you!"

I smiled and responded back with "Hey Mom, We'll be visiting soon! We miss your food-

As I was typing, Ding! There was a notification from Mina,
"Are you busy right now? Can we call? I wanna see your face!" And again, A huge smile was on my face while my heart was beating unexpectedly fast.

In shock, I stood up, squealed and sprinted my way to the bathroom to make myself look more presentable as i looked like a piece of shit.

I washed my face and placed on a better top to wear. I wore my hair in a ponytail and as I was 'trying my best to look cute', Ding!

"Chaeyoung-ah? Are you there? :("

"Why did you leave me on read ??"

I mentally face palmed myself and shook my head. "Aahhh mianhe! I had to talk to my mom.."

"And yes! We can call! <3"

As soon as I hit send, My phone rang and vibrated showing that Mina was calling me. Damn, That was fast..

"Hi Chaeng-Chaeng! I miss you already!"

"Ahh jinjja? I miss you too, Minari!" I really do.

"Do you wanna meet up?"

"Like right now ??"

"Yeah! Why not? I'm sure you're not far away, right?"

"Well, It's kinda late.. Are you sure?"

"Yes I am!"

"Alright then, Text me the address and I'll meet you there!"

I took a deep breath before covering my face from excitement as I felt my face heating up right after the call ended.

"I'll head out now, see you later!" I said as I grabbed the keys from the shelf and reached out for the door. As I was about to go out, Jeongyeon and Tzuyu stopped me and sat me down the couch to give me suspicious and curious eyes.

"What do you guys want?" I raised my voice, making them look at each other and give me a soft slap.

"Excuse me? Why are you going out at this hour? We have a test tommorow pabo-ya!" Jeongyeon-unnie scolded me as she placed a hand on her hip.

"I bet she's going out on a date with Mina" Tzuyu chuckled and gave me a 'teasing look'. "Yes! I am! Now will you please let me enjoy my time?" I stood up shyly and looked at them with puppy eyes.

"I knew it!" Tzuyu squealed and playfully slapped Jeongyeon's arm. "Hey! It stings!"

"Update and let us know what's up, okay?" Jeongyeon teased and they both looked at me with their arms crossed.

"You guys are acting like parents" I laughed. "I'm not a baby!" I pouted and made my way to the door. "Aish! Stay safe and don't forget to flirt smoothly!" Jeongyeon said before I went out.

I shook my head and ran to the address Mina texted me a few minutes ago.

I looked around to find Mina to see her wearing a revealing top and jeans. I gulped and took my time to admire her. She turned her head to see me and gave me a sweet smile.

"You're here!" She ran to me with her arms open, giving me a warm hug. "I'm sorry I took too long, Jeongyeon and Tzuyu were kind of teasing me.."

She giggled and linked her arms with mine, making me blush. "It's alright, I didn't really wait that long."

"Let's go walk for a bit, I'll show you one of the places I usually go to when I want to be alone to think." Mina said as we started walking side by side, feeling the cold breeze pass us and we took the time to have small talk.

"Here? A playground?" I asked with curiosity. She nodded and continued to sit at one of the benches nearby.

"I don't know, I just love to sit here and be alone." She sighed. "I just like to admire the pretty environment here and it really just calms me down."

"Hey, Can I tell you a secret?" I gulped and took the courage to look her straight in the eye. "Go ahead." She looked at me with sparkling eyes.

"I like you, Mina."