Hide in the Closet

Connor hadn't felt this nervous in a long time, but this felt really official now. Evan was his boyfriend. They were going on a date. He put his hand up to knock, when the door flew open.

"Oh- h-hi... I, um, thought I heard a noise, so..."

Connor grinned. Evan was trying to play it cool, but it was obvious he'd been watching for Connor out the window.

"Shut up and kiss me," Evan demanded - although he still wasn't great at "demanding" things, and sounded more like he was begging than demanding.

Connor snickered, leaning in and kissing him. Evan blushed, locked the door behind him, and then they started walking, hand-in-hand.

"So there's an old zombie movie playing at that theater down on Main Street," Connor said, after a few minutes of comfortable silence.

"You know I hate zombie movies, they terrify me."

"I know," Connor grinned wickedly.

Evan opened his mouth to ask why, then, but it suddenly hit him... "Seriously Connor-" he whined, blushing and swatting Connor's arm.

"Any excuse to be closer to you," Connor replied with an unapologetic shrug.

Evan shook his head. "Okay, fine, you win." Cause honestly? Evan liked the sound of that, too.

~*~*~

The theater was small and not very crowded, but they still chose seats in the back so no one would bother them if they DID engage in some PDA.

Connor settled the popcorn bucket on his leg, and the soda in the cup holder between them.

The best part about this theater - aside from the fact that it played old movies, so ticket prices were cheaper - was that it didn't bother with previews. The movie began right away. Evan dug into the popcorn, figuring he should eat now while he could still keep his eyes open to see what he was doing. He sipped some soda, then passed it to Connor, who took a few sips before putting it down.

It wasn't long before the movie started to get gory. Evan sighed. "You owe me," he whined to Connor, covering his eyes with his hand. He could feel Connor shaking with laughter.

Evan peaked out between his fingers just as one of the zombies ripped someone's head off. He whimpered, turning into Connor and hiding his face in Connor's side.

Connor grinned, putting an arm around Evan and getting as close as the theater chairs would allow.

"Hey, can we be a cliche and make out?" Connor asked suddenly. He immediately felt embarrassed and was glad for the dark so Evan couldn't see him blush. He used to make fun of the couples that made out in the back of movie theaters, but now it sounded nice - daring, even. The idea that they could be caught at any second thrilled him.

Evan looked up at Connor, a goofy look on his face. It was so not a Connor thing to say, and it surprised him. He was also surprised by his OWN reaction, which was to immediately start making out with his boyfriend. Sure, the theater wasn't crowded, but the lone worker - stuck doing concession stand and usher work - could come by at any second and hit them with his flashlight beam and scold them or kick them out. Evan's heart pounded in his chest as their kissing intensified. He was leaning over the armrest, which was digging painfully into his stomach, but he didn't care.

Connor moved the popcorn bucket and soda over to the seat beside them without breaking contact with Evan. He parted Evan's lips with his tongue, surprising Evan, who started to pull back, but then fell back into it. One hand weaved its way into Connor's hair, while his other hand crept up Connor's leg, a single destination in mind. When he found what he was looking for, Connor let out a strangled moan, grabbing at Evan, trying to pull him into his lap.

"Hey, you two!"

Connor and Evan pulled apart, staring into the face of the annoyed teenager who worked there. He looked surprised at first when Connor and Evan pulled away, like he hadn't been expecting it to be two dudes, but he just shook it off and flashed his flashlight in their faces.

Connor glanced worriedly at Evan, but his anxious boy was fighting back a mischievous grin. Connor rolled his eyes.

Connor tugged Evan's hand. Evan nodded, and they mumbled apologies before running out of the theater. Evan had had it with the movie anyway, and both boys were too worked up to settle back in for another hour.

When they reached the sidewalk, they both cracked up, the thrill making them feel high and giddy.

"Dinner, or...?"

Evan hesitated. He liked this proper date thing, but his body hadn't fully settled down and all he could think about was his empty house and....

"I mean, or we could just order in...?" Evan said hopefully, shrugging innocently.

"I like how your mind thinks, Ev," Connor said with a wicked grin.