Suman

It was a very busy morning in Arora family. Major Rajat Arora was coming back home after almost year of serving the  nation on the border. So many people were running here and there to make sure everything was perfect. It was also birthday of his  niece whom he loved more than life itself. Unfortunate kid lost her father a year ago. Dr. Arjun Arora was serving the Army for years but a year ago while tending an unconscious warrior on the battle field he was shot. He was the eldest son of Arora family.

"Bhabhi, I've prepared the Laddus just like Bhaiya loves." said Pihu coming out of kitchen to her Bhabhi , wife of late Dr. Arjun Arora, Mrs Suman Arora.

"Do one thing, put those laddus hidden till Rajat comes else that little devil will attack." And they both laughed.

"Mumma"

"Speak of the devil."

"What happened baby?"

"Mumma, I got a gift for Chachu."

"Really, show me."

"See! A greeting card."

Amaya Arora, daughter of Suman and Arjun was the life of Arora family. She was the little devil but everyone loved her. She showed her greeting card to her mother. Suman saw that and could not control her tears.

"How is it Mumma? See this is Chachu, Dad, you, me, and Dadaji."

"This is so beautiful baby. Chachu would love it."

"Why am I not in the picture?"

"Pihu bua. See this little computer. You're behind this."

"Ohho clever devil. I'm impressed."

"Hehehe!" Amaya laughed showing her two windows between her teeth.

Suman left Amaya with Pihu and went in her room where she held a photo frame. In the picture stood Arjun holding her in his arms and she held her seven months bump with her hands on his and their smiles were blinding.

She cried again. As always for that person she loved the most and for the child who was his last souvenir with her. Amaya doesn't understand where her father has gone to never come back. 

On the other hand Amaya was there with Pihu. Pihu was the life of the house. Son of the family, as the others say. She was a champion in the kitchen trained by her Bhabhi but her real talent was computers, gadgets and codes. She was the pillar on which Arora family stood. While second pillar was held by Suman.

Suman was an orphan who met Arjun's father  Mr. Lalit Arora, when she joined the company. He was her direct boss in the Finance Department. He was impressed by her and slowly she became equal to Pihu his beloved daughter. Everything changed though when he invited her on a dinner to his house. Arjun was there too and he liked her since she entered the house. He was not an extrovert thus it took them two years of friendship then relationship to get married. One year later they had a daughter, their beloved. They were very happy in their abode. Life was happy till he was lost.

He went back to the camp to never come back. Suman could not even cry for him because her daughter was the one for whom she had to be stone. She had taken care of the family and Pihu took the charge of her father.

"Suman, is everything ready? I got a call from Rajat. He is stuck in traffic but will be here soon."

"Don't worry Papaji, everything is ready. Now only thing left is Rajat."

"I'm proud of all my four kids."

"And not me?" Asked little Amaya holding her Dadaji's walking stick.

"Not you because you're not a kid. You're the Queen Arora." And he picked her up in his arms.

"Here comes the symbol of bravery, proud of Nation my dear brother Major Rajat Arora." Announced a very serious Darbaan Pihu. She even had a fake moustache on her face and stood at the door. Suman ran to get the Welcoming Aarti plate. And in walked or say marched the second arm of Mr. Arora.

Love,
Zindagi.