Shootout

Suman was trying to avoid talking to Amrit but Amrit was persistent. Finally he got Suman ready to talk on a coffee but she was unknown to the full fledged date arranged by Pihu for them.
(Since I have realized my readers are not interested in Suman and Amrit's story so I will skip that date part.)

On the other hand, Shravan was going to the Archives Department. Sumo was unaware of his arrival, so she was carefree enough to walk around the department room looking at some files she needed for the case she was dealing currently. Being an officer was not that easy as she thought before taking up that career in her teens.

Shravan was standing at the door when someone called him and this alerted Sumo who was already inside the room. She was not knowing it was Shravan until she heard him. She can recognize that voice even over loud music. She took a few steps back and his behind the door. Shravan put off his phone and opened the door, he was looking at a room filled with files and more files and spider webs. Don't they maintain this room well. He thought sarcastically. As he moved to the shelf of fraudulent cases, he felt a familiar scent in the room. But before he could recognize he felt a movement near the door and when he turned to look at the door and nearby there was no one.

He turned back to the shelf when suddenly a file from the other shelf fell down. It said Shootout at Gandhinagar. He bent down to collect the papers and fix them back in the file when a particular paper caught his attention. He stood up holding that paper and file and kept it on the nearby table. The paper had a passport size photo attached of Sumo of ten years back. This intrigued him. Why was his Sumo's picture in a Shootout file? He started Reading the file page by page word by word to unveil the lie he had been living these many years. Sumo was killed in a Shootout at Gandhinagar and not because she was hit while chasing his car.

He was shaken and slumped to the ground with the file. His heart was in his mouth. He was so shaken that he missed the voices behind the backdoor.

"Pihu why can't we tell him directly that Sumo is alive?"

"Arnav,can't you see  he is so shocked with this little piece of information. If we tell him everything at once, he would suffer a nervous breakdown."

"okay my doctor girlfriend."

. Two or three clues to the mystery are there in this short chapter. Tell me if you could identify.
Love
Zindagi